General Motors Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Used STAR format

Interview Questions

• Tell me about ___ experience (no real guidelines - difficult to know what looking for)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied for the position on my campus career resources website first. And then I got confirmed that I was able to sign up for an on-campus interview. It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer asked me what the most and least favorite courses were. As well as how I deal with big presentation.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. I could use my prepared cases to fit the questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

They were very cordial and took me through a very straight forward process

Negotiation

Please go prepared

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Met at career fair and the recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. Was invited for an interview the next morning on campus. Interview isn't extremely hard but not easy either. They ask you 3 different situational questions and what you learned, how you reacted, etc about each situation.

Interview Questions

• The hardest for me was talking about a time when I had to learn on the fly   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in September 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted for ~40 minutes. It was held on campus. The interviewer (an engineer from Michigan) and I talked briefly about different teams currently looking for internships and what appealed to me about each. Then we talked for several minutes about my past experience and relevant skills I learned. I was asked 3 "STAR" format interview questions from a packet of ~10 he had to choose from. My interviewer placed large emphasis on the thought process in each of my decisions, and took notes on his sheet throughout. At the end, I had a chance to ask more questions about different teams, as well as logistics, timing, and anything else.

Hiring based only on a single behavioral interview without evidence of skills or abilities seems absurd, but hey, that's GM for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when something did not go according to plan, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in March 2016.

Interview

Easy going interview, asked a lot of situational questions but made me feel very comfortable. Two of the interviewers were late so it was just me and two other employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for General Motors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with an alumni recruiter after a career fair. Talked for 45 minutes, asked lots of questions about GM's internship options and about the interviewer's roles in the company. Got an email three weeks later with an offer

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (East Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

They asked mainly STAR questions. Most of the situations that I have previously thought of worked with the questions. I thought I did okay, and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make decisions in a group and a conflict arised. How did you resolve that conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. I had one on campus interview and communicated with the lead recruiter for my campus after it to figure out where I was going to be placed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a team and something went wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Bowling Green, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through college adviser, got a call 3 weeks later asking for interview. They said I should get a call back if I got the job or not but never received one.