General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,030 Interview Reviews

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It was a great interview they saw the people could apply for the interview were qualified professionally or they were good to handle things that are difficult .How they tackle the different situations.

Interview Questions

• HOw dofind the life to be interesting?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Met the recruiters at a career fair, was given an on-campus interview a couple weeks later and then found out by the end of the week. Interviews were with 2 different people for 30 minutes each, one was more technical and background and the other was behavioral.

Energy Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Just had one interview which was a phone call. They have a very specific interviewing format where they ask a few situation questions and you respond by describing the situation, task, actions taken, results, and future applications.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you unexpectedly had to step up and take a leadership role.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

I was interviewed by a college recruiter who I met at a career fair. During the interview, he asked me questions about myself and my resume, as well as one behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give up on something.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Be able to walk through your resume, sell yourself, etc. Interviewer did a great job explaining the role. There were a few technical questions, but nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

No one posts what the phone interviews are like for entry level so here it is. I messaged a recruiter on LinkedIn and he set me up with a phone interveiw. This is for my initial phone screen; since I passed it and can't make it to the conference fair I have to schedule a phone interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA? What school do you go to? Have you had any past internships? At one of your internships what do you think is the biggest thing you gained from it?   Answer Question

IT Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a campus career fair and then had an interview a week or two later. It was a very casual an nice interview with a young software dev. No pressure and casual talk/questions.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to tell if a string is a palindrome.   Answer Question

TRACK Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

An initial phone screen followed by an on campus interview. After the on campus interview candidates were invited to attend the SuperFinance weekend in Detroit. This is an all day event complete with four different interviews and a case presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you reconcile EBIT to cash flow   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Evanston, IL).

Interview

I applied online through my school's career website and also through GM's own career portal. I was invited to a 30min in person interview at my schools career center. The interview felt really short. Three-four behavioral questions about leadership/group work and then two qualitative finance questions.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you consider when deciding whether or not to implement a new feature on a car (feature was specified in the actual question).   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Mostly situational questions to gauge how you work with others. Some a sking about how you handled past engineering problems or "difficult people." Pretty relaxed with an interviewer in a small room, who is now manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job to work here?   Answer Question