General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,127 Interview Reviews

2.8

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 hours long behavioral interviews with two people in two different rooms. All questions were behavioral questions. Overall the interviews were good and not hard. After the interview I was told I would get a call and was offered the job a week later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

Set up a phone interview - 3 behavioral questions were asked. Resume was reviewed, job overview, etc. Very friendly, felt comfortable the whole time. Following this I took two assessment tests.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solve a problem quickly   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had difficulty with a coworker   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Applied online and the recruiter followed up with a brief phone interview. After that I took a personality and intelligence test online (very similar to the ACT). After that I was scheduled for an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of two 1.5 hour interviews -- all behavioral questions. After the interviews I completed a case study. It took about 5 weeks for them to follow up with an offer, so be patient.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you led a team and someone was not contributing as much as they should.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two different people. Started off amazing I was really vibing with the first person. But her manager came in next, he already had his mind made up about me before I spoke. Several times he would cut me off as soon as i began awnser his questions, then proceeded to respond to an email on his phone while I was trying to talk about my education, was completely disrespectful and biased. Wouldn't take the job even if offered. Not sure what interviewing tactic he was trying to potray but he needs to reevaluate his professional behavior immediately.

Supply Chain Group Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

In one day you will meet with two groups of individuals. You have to be quick and show confidence in your answers. Chateritcs of a strong leader are examples management looks for.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very situational and personality based. Having a strong work history will give you the answers GM is looking for.   1 Answer

District Manager Aftersales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2018.

Interview

My final interview was a webcam interwith with two managers, one for Aftersales and one for Sales. Very situational based. They were very personable and friendly, but to the point. I would recommend having real examples ready to explain. Practice this with a friend before the interview, it can be easy to get tripped up if you're not prepared. Use the STAR approach and you should be fine, but make sure you don't ramble on.

The process in total took 8 weeks from the day I applied until I received a final offer. My first contact from GM was a phone screen two weeks after I applied, followed by an online personality test. I received an email to schedule a webcam interview roughly two weeks after that. Interview took place 4 days after receiving aforementioned email. Another two weeks passed and I received a call with a job offer. Job offer was contingent upon successfully completely a background/driving record check, which I found out I did a week after the initial offer. Everything happened in two week increments for the most part. Be patient with the process. It may be shorter for internal hires, I'm not sure. I was hired externally and had not previously worked for GM.

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

applied online got interview scheduled was asked multiple questions interview starting with my scool, experience,
    took 2 hours with 2 hiring manager, it was a goo d experience

Interview Questions

• applied online got interview scheduled was asked multiple questions interview tooks 2 hours with 2 hiring manager   1 Answer

For Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

It was relatively a short interview,
    The first question was why did I apply the position of a process Engineer at general motors,
    The second question was that what is my research on and how will my research help in this position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Had 2 interviews with 2 people - 1 hour each. The process was formal (they had specific tasks), but was quite comfortable. The relaxed nature really helped keep the mind clear and open to avoid freezing up and avoiding BSOD of the brain. Very professional and as expected!

Interview Questions

• They asked about my education and experiences and how I would be a good fit for GM. They also asked why I chose GM and how GM would be a good fit for me.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in March 2018.

Interview

Primarily STAR based behavioral questions with one technical question. They are more interested in your ability to self analyze and grow from challenges than in your technical experience, though the experience is important too. Start questioning yourself and why you believe what you do. The better you know yourself the better you will be able to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to complete something that was harder than expeted   1 Answer