General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2018
1,088 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Phone interview at first, behavioral questions and some technical based on coding skills and tech classes I have taken. second interview focused a lot on coding skills, more in depth java questions. and behavioral questions mostly based on a project you have done that is tech related. be able to provide detailed description of programs you used in project and what your role was.

Interview Questions

• if you had a list of new car names coming in, and you needed to cancel out the ones named "xyz" and "xnd", how would you execute this code   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Overall, pretty easy process. Mainly focused on behavioral questions to make sure you are a good fit for the company. Interviewers were nice, easy to talk to. Know some good examples for behavioral questions and you will be fine!

Interview Questions

• Time you had a conflict with a coworker. How did you handle/resolve?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

cmu campus recruiting in Pittsburgh. i have a interview in hamburg hall heinz college. I still am waiting for the result to see if i have a change to get the job

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied in their portal and recruiter reached out after 2 weeks. Had an assessment more of situation based. Once I cleared that I had an interview with 4 people of their project team. It went great

Since then I did not get the response from recruiter. I tried reaching out using email and phone calls but no response.

It is seriously concerning that feedback was not provided and Job status went to Inactive but application status still says “Interview”

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Three steps. Phone interview that guages what area u best fit into the company. Not much of an interview but more of a conversation about where your interests lie. Second, on campus interview which is behavioral questions. Third, gm final rounds, which is at one of gm's facilities and is more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to build a relationship in a awkward situation?   Answer Question

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was an interview for an internship opportunity. I was not asked any discipline related questions. The questions were very general and focused more on problem solving skills. The interviewers hoped to hear answers out of real life experience.

Treasury Interview

Interview

The interview process was rigorous. Mix of technical and behavioral questions. A couple of mini cases. They seem picky as to what kind of people they want. Interviewing with senior management was part of the process. Most people were super nice.

BI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Met at a job fair at school. Had interview on site the day I met them and follow up interview the next day. Very simple and quick. Interviewers were not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed at something? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It was a great interview they saw the people could apply for the interview were qualified professionally or they were good to handle things that are difficult .How they tackle the different situations.

Interview Questions

• HOw dofind the life to be interesting?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Met the recruiters at a career fair, was given an on-campus interview a couple weeks later and then found out by the end of the week. Interviews were with 2 different people for 30 minutes each, one was more technical and background and the other was behavioral.