General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.8

405 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

The hiring process includes Pre-Placement talk, group discussion and then Personal Interviews....

Interview Questions

• The interview is simple and is based on your favorite areas of interest... Good luck......   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Used STAR format

Interview Questions

• Tell me about ___ experience (no real guidelines - difficult to know what looking for)   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

- I was contacted by phone asking why I am leaving my current job.
    - 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.
    - I was interviewed by 2 managers, they did not ask anything about my work experience. All their questions were STAR questions. The interview took about 2 hours (1 hour for each manager)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Met them at the career fair and was offered to interview the next day

Interview Questions

• - What are your weaknesses?
      - What are your strengths?
      - What is a difficulty you ran into and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Advanced Energy Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through my school's internship program. Asked me personal questions about teamwork and leadership.

Design and Release Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through their official online portal. At the time I was only warming up to the job search process. I was surprised to get a phone interview. A HR recruiter called me. Very professional and cordial. Started asking me questions about skills relating to the position. He seemed to like the fact that I had most of the qualifications, and in a way encouraged me to answer positively on the ones that I was border-line. We did a couple of email follow-ups, and that ended up being the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that I can think of. Just keep your calm, and don't appear overly eager or too disinterested.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Interview

Basic Phone Screen, On-Site Interview with (2) 1 hr sessions

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed for the powertrain engineering position at the powertrain facility in Pontiac. There was a phone interview then they flew me into Michigan for the second interview. Both interviews were more behavioral than technical, which seemed odd. The second round interviews were with two different managers, both were about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone who was not of the same culture/country   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Approached recruiters at a career fair, was invited to interview, interviewed but did not receive an offer because I was a sophomore. Also applied online on GM's website.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince team members to go with an idea you had.   Answer Question

CAE Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with Manager. Mostly behavioral questions in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult job duty and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question