General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 managers. Basically a situational interview. I was hired out of this interview, a second one want required. Very professionally handled, yet still friendly and comfortable. Good people.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

There was three parts in this process the first one was a phone interview with Human Resources, the second one was an assessment online and the third was a interview with 3 people in the interview, it took about 30 minutes. They described the job, after that they asked 4 questions at the en time for questions from the candidate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had to deal with ethics in your previous work   Answer Question

IT College Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Bloomington, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus recruitment process. They were at career fairs and then did a phone interview. Following the phone interview there were two in person interviews on campus. Offer came in a week later.

Track Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I was an intern, I was offered a position within a month of interning, they really liked how I interned :)...I guess I just really impressed as an intern, so my advice if your an intern is to work hard and intern to the best of your ability.

Interview Questions

• Will you continue to be this awesome if we hire you full time?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

ask typical behavioral questions - 2 people interview you at a time, 1 hour sessions. Then, another 2 people interview you for another hour. They follow a particular form with the same questions to allow for consistency later

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without much information   1 Answer

Journeyman Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Two separate interviews asking technical questions and human behavior questions, each session took about an hour and was very informal and had a comfortable environment. Interviewers seemed very eager to answer any questions about facility.

Aftersales Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

ask about skills , experience years , GM Difference , action plan development , workshop interiors , Quikservice , safety equipment , customer follow up , Be consutative

Interview Questions

• What are the types of customers satisfaction surveys ?   1 Answer
    • Will the parts or specialist skills be available when needed ?   1 Answer
    • will the staff member be able to fulfill customer call requirements ?   1 Answer
    • How can you ensure that all customer requirements are understood ?   1 Answer
    • what are the steps to be followed after receiving customer complaint ?   1 Answer

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Motors (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward. I was contacted directly by a GM recruiter and we discussed interest and the position. Normally the next step would be a phone interview, but we went straight to an in-person interview at the factory. There were two phases with different interviewers in groups of three. The panel questions were standardized and read from a sheet. The overwhelming majority of questions were situational type questions. The staff was courteous and professional throughout the process and expressed further interest after the interview, but I declined to pursue the position further for various reasons.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to quickly adapt to meet the objective.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews: an initial pre-screen phone interview, a technical interview, a behavioral interview, and a final interview with the engineering manager. Overall everyone was very professional, and the whole process was a positive experience. There were no surprises or curve-balls during the interviews. Assuming you prepare and are qualified for the job, you will have no problem answering the questions that will come up.

Interview Questions

• No surprises; they asked me about my background, technical experience, and also some standard behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (College Station, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Gave resume to recruiters at college career fair and got an email to sign up for an interview slot time for approximately 45 minutes. There were two interviewers (technical/behavioral).