General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.8

370 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

There was three parts in this process the first one was a phone interview with Human Resources, the second one was an assessment online and the third was a interview with 3 people in the interview, it took about 30 minutes. They described the job, after that they asked 4 questions at the en time for questions from the candidate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had to deal with ethics in your previous work   Answer Question

Journeyman Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Two separate interviews asking technical questions and human behavior questions, each session took about an hour and was very informal and had a comfortable environment. Interviewers seemed very eager to answer any questions about facility.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (College Station, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Gave resume to recruiters at college career fair and got an email to sign up for an interview slot time for approximately 45 minutes. There were two interviewers (technical/behavioral).

Control Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors in May 2017.

Interview

I have had three interviews so far. Waiting to hear back from the hiring managers.
    The first interview was a 30-minute phone conversation. General questions about my skills and resume
    The second one was a 30 minute intense and technical live interview.
    the third one was a 1 hour and 10 minutes behavioral interview.
    Waiting for them to get back to me.
    Everybody that I talked to during my interviews was amazing. GM is the best in Canada.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a very complex problem.
      Tell us about a time you had to convince your colleagues or supervisor who disagreed with you.
      How do you set goals and how do you plan to achieve it?
      Tell us about a time you had conflict with your supervisor.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I just did the online Coding Challenge. That was all about JAVA language programming. Focused on datatypes, sorting-like process and recursion(like fibonacci series). Was not that hard honestly. That was all about JAVA language programming. Focused on datatypes, sorting-like process and recursion(like fibonacci series). Was not that hard honestly.

Interview Questions

• Some Java Coding problems like calculating the square of a given number, stairs climbing question and uppercase and lower case questions   Answer Question

Junior Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in March 2017.

Interview

Don't waste your time doing their online coding challenge. I completed the online coding challenge and was invited for an interview. However, it was with a recruiter who had no technical knowledge whatsoever. Dumbest interview ever. Asked what experiences I had with certain technologies and was rejected before I even got to an in-person interview. I think passing the online coding challenge proves I am proficient enough and deserve at least a technical interview.

Algorithm Design Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Milford, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Entire interview consisted of being grilled with STARLA questions read from a list for an hour. (Yes, STARLA, not just STAR, so be prepared to come up with TWO stories for every question.) Not conversational at all; interviewers seemed disinterested and only asked questions in order to fill in the blanks on their form. Skills were never discussed in depth. Just an awkward and uncomfortable experience overall. Introverts and those who aren't so good at telling stories need not apply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Spring Hill, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I met GM employees and managers at my University's career fair, spoke with them briefly and handed in a copy of my resume. Later that day they called me for a behavioral interview to take place the following day. A week after the initial behavioral interview I was called into the GM plant for a second behavioral interview that was similar to the first.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an unpopular decision that was for the best.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

Application

Interview

After meeting GM representatives at a University Career Fair I was called into the University career center for a behavioral interview the next day. A week and a half later I was called into the GM plant for another similar behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you made an unpopular decision that was for the best.   Answer Question

Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Markham, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

First, they called you for a brief phone interview. Then, they scheduled a 1~2 hours in-person interview. I did the in-person interview. Now I am waiting for their response for the final, 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an embeded system that you designed and built that you are most proud of. Can you draw it onto the white board?   Answer Question