General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

963 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Global Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Two one hour sessions with several people. After taking the day off. The job was given to an internal employee so there had no intention of hiring an "outsider". What a waste of time!

Control and Diagnostic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. few days after, I received an email regarding phone screening. One day after I got an email asking me to take an assessment test. a couple of days after that, I received an email to schedule a video conference interview. I thought it's gonna be STAR type questions but it was an interview with the manager where I answered technical questions about my past work experiences especially the relevant ones. I live in Vancouver and the job is in Oshawa. I am waiting for their decision.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Motors (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Questions and answers, Two years ago, I rally don't remember anything please. Can you work overtime, can you word to the hot temperature, when do you want to start to work, than they said we going to sent you the email with address and orientation to the company.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ingersoll, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Ingersoll, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Applied online, a week later recruiter calls for an informal conversation. Next week setup an onsite interview with the Area manager and direct manager. Question follow the lominger interview process.

Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied at a career fair at a top 5 engineering school. Did a behavioral interview (1hr) and received an offer in a couple days. The entire process took maybe 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you struggled and overcame? can be professional, personal, academic, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online through company website, received a call from HR rep in a week's time and answer some HR screening questions. Then a link to complete an online assessment, and received another call to schedule an interview within the same week. Interview was with two management, laid back and conversational just to get to know you. Leading up to behavioral questions, didn't do so well since different than the questions I have prepared.

Senior Audio Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Miami, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I was recruited by General Motors during my Junior year of studying music engineering technology at the University of Miami. They sent representatives from HR and a manager from the internal film/video/broadcast production operations. They were looking for someone with a degree to run their new state-of-the-art audio-post facility. I honestly was not very interested in the job, but I thought the interview process would be beneficial. Apparently, I had all the right answers!

Interview Questions

• A battery of questions regarding the current analog and digital technologies, and production/post-production techniques.   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Motors (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Cbit interview, no technical Interview, interview based on situations, your actions, thought process, decision, lessons learned, where did you applied, what was the result. After cbit there will be hr round. And then salary negotiation which will no happen often.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 managers. Basically a situational interview. I was hired out of this interview, a second one want required. Very professionally handled, yet still friendly and comfortable. Good people.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

There was three parts in this process the first one was a phone interview with Human Resources, the second one was an assessment online and the third was a interview with 3 people in the interview, it took about 30 minutes. They described the job, after that they asked 4 questions at the en time for questions from the candidate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had to deal with ethics in your previous work   Answer Question