General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

406 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Machine Vision Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Get contacted by headhunter to understand background, then record a video which consist 3 questions, and the interviewee answered within 3 minutes for these questions. Interview questions are mostly asking for experiences, and most difficult project you've done..etc.

Submit the video, and get response approximately 2 weeks, were rejected due to insufficient first-author paper published.

Interview Questions

• What's an Aperture and how does it relate to the focal length and exposure time? What factors do you need to consider for the optimal Aperture?   Answer Question

International Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview a few days after submitting my application. Did not receive an offer. Interviewer was polite and asked a few questions regarding logistics before moving on.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

GPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Pasadena, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview during a Career fair, and a week later was emailed to take an online assessment. After a week was contacted by email to invite me to the final rounds interview in Michigan. Interview in Michigan was done by 2 engineering managers, 1hr each, then ride and drive, and a Q&A session. All interview questions done using the STARL method

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you have to transmit your experience or knowledge to someone outside your team?   Answer Question

Finance TRACK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a campus recruiter and brought in for a first round interview on campus. For the second round, we were brought to Detroit for a Finance Super Weekend that consisted of a 90 minute case study and panel and four back-to-back interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

The Initial interview was at a career fair and was immediate. This interview consisted of both behavior questions and technical questions to gauge the candidate. After this, I was selected into a second stage of interviews of which was held on-site at their facility. The interview was nearly identical to the first.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at Career Fair. Had my first interview the following week and they did a very good job at making me feel comfortable. They had someone in the hallway before the interview actually started for me to talk to and ask any questions that I had. The interview itself was fairly easy, two parts that were both behavioral with 1 or 2 technical questions. It felt as if we were having a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did something that was right but not popular.   1 Answer

Vehicle Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

They ask to have you describe two experiences as an engineer (such as when you had to work with a tough coworker). Easy behavioral interview, be ready to conjure up experiences that can prove your mettle as an engineer. This was just a theme that the lead talent scout defined at a hang-out event before we started interviewing the day after. Just know that a small part has to do with the actual interviewer and how many interview he/she has done in a day. A long day of interviewing can wear an individual out.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you created became close to a coworker through a tough assignment.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was moderate difficulty, they hosted 60-70 interviews over two days and took 3 applicants. The atmosphere was a little intense. Following introductions, I was told "This is it, you'll get a call in two days whether or not you have an offer, good luck." She gave me the structure of the interview, 3 questions being asked back and forth from the two interviewers.
    Tips: Know Detroit, they love their city. Talk about their Go Green Landfill free Warehouses.

Interview Questions

• Why GM?   Answer Question
    • Along the lines of "Tell me a time where you had to use an alternative process that differed from the traditional way of operation."   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had an issue with a coworker/employee and how did you resolve that.   Answer Question

Vehicle Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I got selected for a campus interview after career fair. They took us out for dinner the night before and talked up Detroit. The campus interview was a straight forward behavioral session. They expected answers to be in the C.A.R format (cicrumstances, action, result). There were two interviewers. One was HR and the other an engineer. The process was very awkward because the engineer would get interested in my projects and the HR person would interrupt our discussion to focus on generic behavioral questions. It would have helped to practice framing my questions using the STAR format ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with someone under difficult circumstances. What did you do?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It is on-campus interview after university career fair. The interview itself takes nearly an hour. More focus on the contents of resume, such as what project you did, how you solved some technical problems during the project, very detailed!

Interview Questions

• Describe your research/project experience. How's your project experience related to the job you will do in the company?   Answer Question