General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

978 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very good process. Quick and efficient. Incredible turnaround. Very reasonable in asking ur expectations and doing the best to place you where you had your interests. Acquisition center is amazing!!! Really enjoyed the process. Very relaxed environment. Very transparent about opportunities and how they assume you will grow in the organization. Interview was structured yet mostly just a group conversation which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving my employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didbt leave a lot of opportunity to negotiate. That was my only dislike. However, they need to maintain the speed of interview to offer acceptance process.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. Total of two (final round) interviews. They interviewer meets you a day in advance to break the ice. Both interviewers where nice and the interview felt like a meet and greet. Some questions where difficult to answer, but overall an amazing experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to show exceptional leadership skill.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you used yoI internship skills in real life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

GM offers very competitive compensation as an entry level position.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career fair. I had known my interviewers perviously, as I had worked with them throughout the semester in my school's capstone class. I only had one interview time, but during that time slot I had two separate interviews with two different people. Both asked mainly behavioral questions. The process took about one hour. Did not hear back yet, as it was two days ago, but will update when I get a response.

Interview Questions

• How did you build a relationship with a person in a stressful environment?   Answer Question

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Motors (Parma, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with 2 sets of 2 individuals who each asked 4 questions relating to prior work experiences and how I handled them. Very relaxed atmosphere. Interviewers were at least one of the individuals you would be working for.

Interview Questions

• When I worked with someone I had an issue with how did I handle it ? What did I learn.   1 Answer

Journeyman Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Two separate interviews asking technical questions and human behavior questions, each session took about an hour and was very informal and had a comfortable environment. Interviewers seemed very eager to answer any questions about facility.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter to go over experience and qualifications. 2 weeks later, in person interviews with Quality management team (2 quality area managers, then 1 quality area manager and quality director) each about 45 minutes each,

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in the past that you had to change a process for the purpose of improving quality, and what difficulties you had.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a Phone interview, had to reschedule several times. Spoke on the phone with recruiter, asked basic question. Why GM? Tell me a time when... received another phone call several weeks later with a verbal offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR director followed by two one on one interviews.
    Informed that they are using STAR format by hr personnel via email before on-site interview.
    Few technical questions along the way.

Interview Questions

• Innovative idea that you suggested. What you learned and how you applied...   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in January 2017, got an interview a month later. Good experience, the guy I interviewed with was really laid back and by the end I wasn't that nervous at all. He recommended me for a second interview (phone interview), but I haven't heard from them in 4 weeks. I've read that the process is slow, but I'm hoping I hear something from them soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a team member or coworker   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply through the Website and got a call after one 2 days from GM recruiter, then set up the interview with the hiring manager. about a one-hour phone interview. then I got an email from them that they select another candidate for this job.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing you have done at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question