General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017
1,050 Interview Reviews

2.8

Engineer Interview

Interview

Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.

Interview

Met at a job fair.

Gave them resume.

Initial interview on campus next day.
    Easy questions. Nothing technical here.

Real interview on campus a couple weeks later.
    Hard questions. Interviewer did not speak English very well either. Kind of turned me off to the company a bit.

2 weeks later received job offer.

Interview Questions

• I see you listed a project on your resume. Explain the steps of the project to me in great detail.   1 Answer

Interview

telephone interview;
    target interview;
    onsite interview

Interview Questions

• If a customer wants to return a GM vehicle, how would you deal with this?   Answer Question

Interview

Panel of 6 people doing interview- asked what type of car I drive

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation

Design and Release Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through their official online portal. At the time I was only warming up to the job search process. I was surprised to get a phone interview. A HR recruiter called me. Very professional and cordial. Started asking me questions about skills relating to the position. He seemed to like the fact that I had most of the qualifications, and in a way encouraged me to answer positively on the ones that I was border-line. We did a couple of email follow-ups, and that ended up being the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that I can think of. Just keep your calm, and don't appear overly eager or too disinterested.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Interview

Basic Phone Screen, On-Site Interview with (2) 1 hr sessions

Tech Lead Interview

Interview

behavior questions, ask experiences.
    Well orgnanized, people seem to be happy

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed for the powertrain engineering position at the powertrain facility in Pontiac. There was a phone interview then they flew me into Michigan for the second interview. Both interviews were more behavioral than technical, which seemed odd. The second round interviews were with two different managers, both were about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone who was not of the same culture/country   Answer Question

Mfg Engineer Interview

Interview

Thorough interviewing process, transparent hiring good environment

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Approached recruiters at a career fair, was invited to interview, interviewed but did not receive an offer because I was a sophomore. Also applied online on GM's website.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince team members to go with an idea you had.   Answer Question