General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018
1,075 Interview Reviews

2.8

Entry Level IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Email set-up for an on-campus interview. 1hr interview session with it being broken up to two 30 min interviews of behavior questions. Employees look at resume, ask the questions, and take notes. No technical questions take place.

Track Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewing process was really simple and straight forward. I met with some representatives at a job fair on campus and was asked to come in for an on campus interview that same week. After about a week, I was asked to take an online personality assessment which consisted of lots of logical thinking questions. About a week after that, I was asked to fly out to Michigan for a final round interview on their campus. Had a networking dinner there one night and then 2 final interviews the next day. All interviews were non-technical and simple STAR questions. Everybody was very welcoming and they really put the hard sell on by showing you the area and giving you the opportunity to talk to tons of people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used research and learning to accomplish a goal of yours.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone outside of your work group to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Automotive Engineer Interview

Interview

First round interview was done by on campus recruiters. Started with a why GM question, and then just 4-5 behavioral questions with a little time at the end to ask them your questions. Followed up by an online assessment to judge fit and some critical thinking. Final round is at their headquarters, panel interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to learn a new skill quickly in order to complete a task   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I met them at the NBMBA career fair and the Finance recruiter called me for an interview the next day. It was pretty chilled out and normal talking about the job profile and the interview process. They told me that after this round the candidates are invited to the company location to do a case study on NPV analysis and stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• The major questions were: Why do you want to work for GM?, Walk me through the three financial statements? and follow-up questions related to that. It was much more chilled out as compared to many consulting/finance companies.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very professional and very well laid out. Met with them from an on campus event, interviewed with them on campus, and then they contacted me a week later to fly me out to Detroit to go through a process there. In Detroit there was a networking event, and then an interview event. Interview was with two managers, 8 question, and was all behavioral and pretty easy. Got job offer next day and accepted.

Machine Vision Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Get contacted by headhunter to understand background, then record a video which consist 3 questions, and the interviewee answered within 3 minutes for these questions. Interview questions are mostly asking for experiences, and most difficult project you've done..etc.

Submit the video, and get response approximately 2 weeks, were rejected due to insufficient first-author paper published.

Interview Questions

• What's an Aperture and how does it relate to the focal length and exposure time? What factors do you need to consider for the optimal Aperture?   Answer Question

International Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview a few days after submitting my application. Did not receive an offer. Interviewer was polite and asked a few questions regarding logistics before moving on.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

GPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Pasadena, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview during a Career fair, and a week later was emailed to take an online assessment. After a week was contacted by email to invite me to the final rounds interview in Michigan. Interview in Michigan was done by 2 engineering managers, 1hr each, then ride and drive, and a Q&A session. All interview questions done using the STARL method

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you have to transmit your experience or knowledge to someone outside your team?   Answer Question

Finance TRACK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a campus recruiter and brought in for a first round interview on campus. For the second round, we were brought to Detroit for a Finance Super Weekend that consisted of a 90 minute case study and panel and four back-to-back interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

The Initial interview was at a career fair and was immediate. This interview consisted of both behavior questions and technical questions to gauge the candidate. After this, I was selected into a second stage of interviews of which was held on-site at their facility. The interview was nearly identical to the first.