General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.8

Production Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Wentzville, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual and pleasant. The interviewers were normal folks and friendly. They took turns asking me STAR type questions while writing down my responses. I asked if they were the ones making the final hiring decision and they told me know. I find that odd since they are the ones that got to know me, not the HR people in Michigan.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that I had to deal with an uncomfortable situation.   Answer Question

Model-based Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Milford, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I was expecting technical interview but I got the standard STAR behavioral questions like give a time when you had a conflict with a teammate, how did you solve it? what did you learn? how did you apply it to other problems ?

Interview Questions

• give a time when you had many projects to work in a short time   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Bloomington, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The individuals that interviewed me were great, very easy to talk to. They asked basic functional and technical questions. The HR department did not get back to me for 4 months.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Spring Hill, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

After meeting GM representatives at a University Career Fair I was called into the University career center for a behavioral interview the next day. A week and a half later I was called into the GM plant for another similar behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you made an unpopular decision that was for the best.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

Application

Interview

I met GM employees and managers at my University's career fair, spoke with them briefly and handed in a copy of my resume. Later that day they called me for a behavioral interview to take place the following day. A week after the initial behavioral interview I was called into the GM plant for a second behavioral interview that was similar to the first.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an unpopular decision that was for the best.   Answer Question

Operational Excellence Master Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

The questions were both technical and background in nature during the two phone screens. They followed the STAR method during the in-person phase. The hiring teamed seemed more interested in completing the documentation than conducting an interview. The support team was friendly and reply quickly to questions. During the interview the hiring manager and was able to offer some of the goals of the program, which were all standards one for a culture change event.

Design Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI).

Interview

HR calls for a phone interview. If the phone interview goes well the hiring manager sets up a regular in person interview. If the in person interview goes well the GM recruiter calls and gives an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had an issue with a coworker and how did you resolve that issue?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Met with one person. We went through a typical introduction including who they were and what their role in the company was. Then we reviewed my CV and discussed my experience. Then they ask questions (typical STAR interview), they wrote down notes on your responses, and then you could ask questions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through university recruitment by General Motors. I applied through my college career website and I got a call for my face to face interview. There were 2 rounds of interview. Both rounds were behavioral. Interviewers were friendly. After the interview, I was asked to wait for HR response about the result. After a week, I got an email to apply for the position online and I am now waiting for HR reply. I will update once I get a reply from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made was unpopular and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Summer Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes but ran about 45 minutes. I interviewed with 2 interviewers at the PRSSA national conference- one male, one female. They tried to make the interview conversational. The interviewers were nice- they took notes the whole time. Interview questions were behavioral and in STAR format. About a month/month and a half later I had another interview, this one quick, with three others. It lasted about 15 minutes. I had to call in to a conference call and their was a lag on the line which made it very awkward and uncomfortable. They asked me why I wanted to work their again and what I could contribute to the company. Another month later I received an email that I didn't get the internship.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one mistake that you had made while contributing to a project, what would it be?   Answer Question