General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.8

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Approached recruiters at a career fair, was invited to interview, interviewed but did not receive an offer because I was a sophomore. Also applied online on GM's website.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince team members to go with an idea you had.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online under the section for new grads. I was first contacted by the university rep to set up the first phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward about what you have done. I was then invited to the proving grounds for an onsite interview. The interview was structured so that you would explain each situation, what you did and your result. I was phoned only two days later with a notice that they were going to extend an offer

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you experienced failure and how you handles it.   Answer Question

CAE Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with Manager. Mostly behavioral questions in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult job duty and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Lominger format..
    All of us are first made to wait in lobby and than they take us to conf room to show a youtube video about Det and GM and all the carlines..Later each of us are taken to individual conf rooms and asked to wait for interviewer to show up..
    Questions are asked in lominger format.. They ask and also make note of what we are saying...with first interviewer its a one hour interview and later with second interviewer it's about the same time and we are asked the same questions by both the interviewers..

Interview Questions

• difficult to revert back to various instances you have encountered instantaneously while answering lominger questions since they prefer not to repeat the same answers..   Answer Question

Treasury Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

pretty straightforward, reasonable questions, nothing too hard. be prepared to say why GM, and why Treasury...

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Very detailed process and tested all my knowledge everything engineering related. Not the typical strength/weakness questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would follow procedure if you failed to rewrite a JES correctly and the job was done incorrectly?   1 Answer

Better offer elsewhere

TPT Interview

Interview

Hiring decision made based on resume without an interview.

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty easy process. The interview was more to understand your personality.

Purchasing/Supply Chain Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Approached them for the first time at a national career fair. Although my background is in a different field, I got an interview the same day. They prepared me for the questions ahead of time. A friend approached the same booth for a different position, and was interviewed that day by OnStar. The three questions related to: learning something quickly, problem solving ability, and leadership.

IT Manager Interview

Interview

Good planning and communication. Behavioral interview with few technical questions. Very good interviewers behaved in a professional manner. Two interviews, 30 minutes each, five questions. Pre screening by phone and second interview in person. STAR method and Lominger competencies were used.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions can be hard, depending on context and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Poor. No room for negotiation at all.