General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very good process. Quick and efficient. Incredible turnaround. Very reasonable in asking ur expectations and doing the best to place you where you had your interests. Acquisition center is amazing!!! Really enjoyed the process. Very relaxed environment. Very transparent about opportunities and how they assume you will grow in the organization. Interview was structured yet mostly just a group conversation which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving my employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didbt leave a lot of opportunity to negotiate. That was my only dislike. However, they need to maintain the speed of interview to offer acceptance process.

Tech Lead/Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

1 HR round first (30 mins), One technical Screening for an hour, 2 hours HireVU with Manager, and Director.
    The overall interview process went well. But the HR messed up with an offer letter from the initial discussions. Hence I have rejected the offer.

So, the moral is : My time is wasted due to not saying a good range of salary in the initial stage even though I mentioned the exact number lower-end what I am looking for. It is not just about money, it is about the overall experience. If HR told me the range in the first, then I would not consider the job interviews.

Finance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in February 2013.

Interview

Very tough selection process, I had the chance to interviewed with different managers and a Finance Director. Overall, it was an interesting experience because I had the chance to discuss Corporate Finance matters that affect regular activities in the FP&A and Treasury deparment.

Interview Questions

• Technical question regarding cash flow analysis, investment valuation and financial consolidation   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (East Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, one with commercial manager, one with General Sales Manager and one with the General Manager. All were very upfront about what to expect and handed me the compensation package to over look.

Interview Questions

• Would I have a problem talking to people I've never met.   1 Answer

ESAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Both of the managers were very nice and approachable. They made interview seem very relaxing and clear to what their expectations are. From management view they wanted to let me know about the program that's being worked.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking forward to do at GM?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Bloomington, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The individuals that interviewed me were great, very easy to talk to. They asked basic functional and technical questions. The HR department did not get back to me for 4 months.

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Motors (Parma, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with 2 sets of 2 individuals who each asked 4 questions relating to prior work experiences and how I handled them. Very relaxed atmosphere. Interviewers were at least one of the individuals you would be working for.

Interview Questions

• When I worked with someone I had an issue with how did I handle it ? What did I learn.   1 Answer

Vehicle Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Motors in September 2016.

Interview

Approached them at a career fair. They invited me to a company dinner. The next day they had on campus interviews. The interview lasted about an hour and they asked behavioral type questions. The interview was very laid back. They didn't press you on many issues.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

panel interview, was on the phone, then a webex, then in person, each time I was interviewing with about 3 people one after another. Final interview was at the RenCen and involved senior leadership

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

recruiter called to discuss the job description and my background based on my resume. then one hour on site talking with 3 employees, most of the time talk about my previous project, a little bit behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• what will you do if you have conflict with your coworker?   1 Answer