General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,048 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

The Initial interview was at a career fair and was immediate. This interview consisted of both behavior questions and technical questions to gauge the candidate. After this, I was selected into a second stage of interviews of which was held on-site at their facility. The interview was nearly identical to the first.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Three tier interview process:
    1. Online Psychometric Test
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Technical Interview
    The online test is usually done a couple of days in advance and the GD and TI is carried out in a single day. The panel had visited college campus for recruitment.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation that you faced in life and how did you overcome that situation?   Answer Question

BA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Phone screen. Second phone interview Skype meeting and then in person interview. Business structured but not very difficult. The process was over then waited several months to hear back.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Very calm and conversational. Was only asked "Why GM?" and 3 behavioral questions. It was a quick 30 minute interview but I didn't feel rushed on my answers and still had plenty of time to ask my 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did to do a process for a customer when you didn't need to   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a meaningful relationship with someone during a distressing time/situation   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to learn or fix a process quickly   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors in September 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college campus career fair. I received a call which led to one in-person casual interview. It mainly consisted of behavioral and technical project questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a technical project where you had a difficult time with the team relationships...   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at Career Fair. Had my first interview the following week and they did a very good job at making me feel comfortable. They had someone in the hallway before the interview actually started for me to talk to and ask any questions that I had. The interview itself was fairly easy, two parts that were both behavioral with 1 or 2 technical questions. It felt as if we were having a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did something that was right but not popular.   1 Answer

Vehicle Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

They ask to have you describe two experiences as an engineer (such as when you had to work with a tough coworker). Easy behavioral interview, be ready to conjure up experiences that can prove your mettle as an engineer. This was just a theme that the lead talent scout defined at a hang-out event before we started interviewing the day after. Just know that a small part has to do with the actual interviewer and how many interview he/she has done in a day. A long day of interviewing can wear an individual out.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you created became close to a coworker through a tough assignment.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Just general behavioral questions like "tell me about a time when.." type questions. Nothing technical in the first round of interviews. Will get more skill based as the interview goes on. This was just the first round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me on time were you went above and beyond the call of duty?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in September 2017.

Interview

I talked with one of the recruiters at my University career fair, got the call to schedule an interview the same evening. Whole series was very streamlined, and I heard back in about a month.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was moderate difficulty, they hosted 60-70 interviews over two days and took 3 applicants. The atmosphere was a little intense. Following introductions, I was told "This is it, you'll get a call in two days whether or not you have an offer, good luck." She gave me the structure of the interview, 3 questions being asked back and forth from the two interviewers.
    Tips: Know Detroit, they love their city. Talk about their Go Green Landfill free Warehouses.

Interview Questions

• Why GM?   Answer Question
    • Along the lines of "Tell me a time where you had to use an alternative process that differed from the traditional way of operation."   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had an issue with a coworker/employee and how did you resolve that.   Answer Question