General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online and got a call in a week. There was a short call with recruiter and she scheduled a call with hiring manager in a weeks times. Hiring manager was nice and the interview was based on STAR patter questions and few technical ones. Later on I got a call for Onsite / In person interview, It had 2 rounds, one with Hiring manager and other with Dev manager. Both had set of questions (STAR) pattern. Dev manager asked technical questions but related to my resume, nothing unexpected.
    Even though the interview went good but I never got a feedback or an offer. Recruiter was very positive but I don't know what happened later on.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time type questions like difficult time in project, have to convince your manager or have difficult time with team members.   1 Answer

T R A C K Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

First Interview was at my college and it was all behavioral questions. I had to discuss and elaborate on technical experience that I had on my resume. Was offered an onsite interview, was flown to Michigan and put up in an hotel. Had a semi-formal meet and greet with my interviewers for the next day the evening before the interviews. On the interview day,had two back to back 30-45 minute behavioral interviews, tour of the site and got to drive about 8 different models of cars manufactured by GM. Also drove a Camaro on a race track/slalom which was exhilarating. Pretty easy process. They got back to me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond in solving an issue.
      Q Tell me about a time you had to resolve conflict at work
      Answer Question

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round involved a phone screen with HR, focused on a thorough examination of background and skill set. The HR contact had key skill sets that the hiring manager had identified. No behavior/situation questions. Initial phone screen was followed by an hour + phone interview with the hiring manager, again focused on skill set and experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with (insert applicable Area of law)?   Answer Question

Production Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Wentzville, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual and pleasant. The interviewers were normal folks and friendly. They took turns asking me STAR type questions while writing down my responses. I asked if they were the ones making the final hiring decision and they told me know. I find that odd since they are the ones that got to know me, not the HR people in Michigan.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that I had to deal with an uncomfortable situation.   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Dearborn, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Gave my resume to GM at career fair at University,
    Got chosen 2 weeks later amongst other students. Did interview on a Friday and was 2 rounds consecutive to each other. First was with director and second was with 2 other employees in different departments.

STAR format Interview questions

And picking a scenario from a sheet and trying to explain how you would solve it (problem solving)

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you did something creative/innovative   1 Answer

Model-based Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Milford, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I was expecting technical interview but I got the standard STAR behavioral questions like give a time when you had a conflict with a teammate, how did you solve it? what did you learn? how did you apply it to other problems ?

Interview Questions

• give a time when you had many projects to work in a short time   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online through their website. The process consisted of two hour-long behavioral interviews regarding past projects and experiences. Questions were pretty standard and interviewers were pleasant to talk to.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with GM representatives to talk about the company, participated in a behavioral interview, talked about my experience and goals, talked about my previous projects and some projects that the company works on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had difficulty with another employee and how did you resolve your situation?   Answer Question

Operational Excellence Master Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

The questions were both technical and background in nature during the two phone screens. They followed the STAR method during the in-person phase. The hiring teamed seemed more interested in completing the documentation than conducting an interview. The support team was friendly and reply quickly to questions. During the interview the hiring manager and was able to offer some of the goals of the program, which were all standards one for a culture change event.

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

After a couple of development interviews on campus, the information security team called me and asked about my experience in different areas.They were really nice and just asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• What would I expect to be the biggest security concern at such a large company?   Answer Question