General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Design Release Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from HR the following day. Basic questions to determine eligibility, preferred salary, when I could start, etc. Was told my resume would be passed along and I would hear about an interview by the end of the week. Ended up getting a canned email saying they decided I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Only talked to HR so there was nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Vehicle Engineering - Entry Level Interview

Interview

My situation was unique because I work for a senior design team at my university for a competition sponsored by GM. Without even applying for a job I received an email when they visited my campus requesting an interview. I interviewed with one hiring manager for about 30 minutes to an hour. Three main questions were asked and they were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you exceeded your own expectations, what the outcome was, what you learned from the experience, and how you plan to apply what you learned in the future.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new very quickly.

Intern Interview

Interview

They were very cordial and took me through a very straight forward process

Negotiation

Please go prepared

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

GM representatives came to my university and did a first round of interviews. This interview was about 30 minutes and was strictly behavioral. I got a call two weeks later saying that I had made it to the second round of interviews. They flew me to Detroit the following week and had an onsite interview. This interview lasted about an hour and was also all behavioral. Then, the two interviewers gave me a tour of the lab they worked in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received an offer, I do not know if you can negotiate salary.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Initial communication began at university career fair. Was non-aggressively approached by one of the recruiters. Had a wide range of positions and locations available. Offered interview after review of resume. Planned by reviewing basics of company, including stock price, etc. Went through one interview. Very pleasant experience. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in a team environment or individually?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

I initially found out about the opportunity to work for GM during a university job fair. It was one of the easier interview processes that I've been a part of. It was just a lot of situational questions. I only had one interview then I heard back several weeks later. The company seems to be trying to greatly expand their IT department over the next few years.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview, 2 face to face interviews with 2 individuals both times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to question someone of higher authority.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Interview

Started by applying, and in couple weeks got phone call for first interview, Had another phone interview, they flew me in to interview and gave me rooms. Went in for 2 hours for interview. They used the starl format.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online and it hardly took couple of business days to get a call from HR, I was asked the routine questions like if I was willing to relocate, why was I looking for a change, what I was earning at my current job e.t.c and finally what I was expecting...and they said what I requested was in the pa range and they arranged me with an telephonic interview.

I get this call and before the interviewer gets technical he explains as to what he is looking for in the potential hire.

In the technical round I was asked all sorts of questions starting from basic to all the way to the architect level..was not very sure as to why I was asked architect/Lead level questions for a "Senior Developer" position? I thought may be he was just trying to know me or something but it turned out the HR had submitted me to Lead position without even my knowledge.

It would have been better on the HR part to submit for the position that I applied and this seems to me more intentional than accidental for reasons that I can suspect.

Interview Questions

• Questions that I was not expecting for the position that I have applied   Answer Question