General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

386 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through university recruitment by General Motors. I applied through my college career website and I got a call for my face to face interview. There were 2 rounds of interview. Both rounds were behavioral. Interviewers were friendly. After the interview, I was asked to wait for HR response about the result. After a week, I got an email to apply for the position online and I am now waiting for HR reply. I will update once I get a reply from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made was unpopular and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Summer Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes but ran about 45 minutes. I interviewed with 2 interviewers at the PRSSA national conference- one male, one female. They tried to make the interview conversational. The interviewers were nice- they took notes the whole time. Interview questions were behavioral and in STAR format. About a month/month and a half later I had another interview, this one quick, with three others. It lasted about 15 minutes. I had to call in to a conference call and their was a lag on the line which made it very awkward and uncomfortable. They asked me why I wanted to work their again and what I could contribute to the company. Another month later I received an email that I didn't get the internship.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one mistake that you had made while contributing to a project, what would it be?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

College recruitment. I scheduled my first interview during the career fair in Tempe Arizona which ended up being a week later. It was an hour long interview which for the most part was behavioral questions just to see how you would fit into the company. There there was also one somewhat technical question towards the end. The interview was conducted on campus by a recruiter who had gone through the same process 3 years ago so that was nice. A week later I got scheduled for my second interview which I am yet to attend.

Interview Questions

• What is a palindrome and I had to write a simple function to determine if a String was a palindrome or not.   Answer Question
    • describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a team mate while working on a school project (since I have listed I didn't have any relevant work experience)   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to my school's career fair and they signed me up for an interview right there. The actual interview was very short and easy; it was just a lot of behavorial questions, all of them about describing a time/situation and how you reacted to that given situation. I received a callback for a second round interview but have not done that yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time and what you did when you were unsure/unable to complete a project.   Answer Question

TRACK Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Ypsilanti, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university career fair event. I did a phone interview and then an on-campus interview. The in-person interview was an hour long. I had two interviewers, one for technical questions and another for behavioral. I would say it was very tough. If you passed that interview, you will move to the next round which is a case study. (Financial modeling on Excel)

Interview Questions

• How would a new project affect your cash flow statement?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (San Marcos, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through college/university job portal and got an on campus Interview. The interview was had two parts. Each part was an hour long. First part was mostly technical questions, asking about my background and knowledge or programing. Second part was behavioral questions and a few functional questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What courses have you taken?
      How comfortable are you with programing languages that you know?   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

All over the place. They used a recruiter. Keyword is Enterprise Rent a Car. Figured out they prefer to hire former employee to avoid paying salary one deserves for the responsibility.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. I had an initial interview on campus in Atlanta, Ga, then was scheduled for the second round on site via email, in about 2 weeks. The interview was mainly behavioral questions and tell me about yourself question.

Interview Questions

• Tell about the time when you had a difficult co-work and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

College recruiting event where hiring managers came on campus to hire prospective interns in two weeks. First step was meeting the hiring team at the career fair, then they would decide whether or not to give an interview slot.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Long process. Took 6+ months after app. Written and simulation test. Last was a phone interview. Received an email saying I passed all the requirements and am eligible for employment with Gm

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. What did you do situations.   1 Answer