General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.8

964 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

the hiring process was challenging but the people who interviewed me we exceptional. Very smart, capable and interesting to talk to. I enjoyed our conversations and certainly would like to stay in touch.

Interview Questions

• what is more expensive, cost of capital or cost of debt?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

I first applied for thre position through the website .Had the first interview over the phone. Lasted about 30 minutes. A week later, i had my 1:1 interview. Both interviews were fairly easy. The interviewers were also cool. Most interview questions are behavioral questions, with 1 or 2 position- related (technical) questions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Smooth, called at first to set up an on site interview which consisted of two hours divided between two hiring managers, most of the questions were behavioral one to two questions were technical.

Materials Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Spring Hill, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Hands on simulation of work to be performed.................................We each recieved step by step instructions and the materials to build the parts. We where told to build as many parts as we could by following the instructions on each page (different steps on each page)and we where given 1 hour to do this. The production rate for this part is 36 parts per hour.

Interview Questions

• We each recieved step by step instructions and the materials to build the parts. We where told to build as many parts as we could by following the instructions on each page (different steps on each page)and we where given 1 hour to do this. The production rate for this part is 36 parts per hour.   1 Answer

Dre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Chat at career fair, on campus interview, and 2 more interviews at engineering final rounds in Detroit. They really try hard to sell Detroit and do a great job. Unfortunately not my dream locations

T R A C K Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

First Interview was at my college and it was all behavioral questions. I had to discuss and elaborate on technical experience that I had on my resume. Was offered an onsite interview, was flown to Michigan and put up in an hotel. Had a semi-formal meet and greet with my interviewers for the next day the evening before the interviews. On the interview day,had two back to back 30-45 minute behavioral interviews, tour of the site and got to drive about 8 different models of cars manufactured by GM. Also drove a Camaro on a race track/slalom which was exhilarating. Pretty easy process. They got back to me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond in solving an issue.
      Q Tell me about a time you had to resolve conflict at work   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online and got a call in a week. There was a short call with recruiter and she scheduled a call with hiring manager in a weeks times. Hiring manager was nice and the interview was based on STAR patter questions and few technical ones. Later on I got a call for Onsite / In person interview, It had 2 rounds, one with Hiring manager and other with Dev manager. Both had set of questions (STAR) pattern. Dev manager asked technical questions but related to my resume, nothing unexpected.
    Even though the interview went good but I never got a feedback or an offer. Recruiter was very positive but I don't know what happened later on.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time type questions like difficult time in project, have to convince your manager or have difficult time with team members.   1 Answer

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round involved a phone screen with HR, focused on a thorough examination of background and skill set. The HR contact had key skill sets that the hiring manager had identified. No behavior/situation questions. Initial phone screen was followed by an hour + phone interview with the hiring manager, again focused on skill set and experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with (insert applicable Area of law)?   Answer Question

Production Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Wentzville, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual and pleasant. The interviewers were normal folks and friendly. They took turns asking me STAR type questions while writing down my responses. I asked if they were the ones making the final hiring decision and they told me know. I find that odd since they are the ones that got to know me, not the HR people in Michigan.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that I had to deal with an uncomfortable situation.   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Dearborn, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Gave my resume to GM at career fair at University,
    Got chosen 2 weeks later amongst other students. Did interview on a Friday and was 2 rounds consecutive to each other. First was with director and second was with 2 other employees in different departments.

STAR format Interview questions

And picking a scenario from a sheet and trying to explain how you would solve it (problem solving)

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you did something creative/innovative   1 Answer