General Motors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,051 Interview Reviews

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus after visiting the both at the career fair. Was contacted the night of the career fair with a request to interview the next day. Interview lasted thirty minutes.

Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Campus recruiting interviewed me the day after our engineering career fair. I was followed up with two weeks later about coming to Detroit for a final on sit interview.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time you quickly had to learn something new   Answer Question

Vehicle Diagnostics Engineer - Autonomous (New Grad) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

30 minutes interview, the interview was late by an hour and there are no technical questions which I found very unprofessional. At the end, they chose a person without any experience because of strong reference.

TRACK Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

An initial phone screen followed by an on campus interview. After the on campus interview candidates were invited to attend the SuperFinance weekend in Detroit. This is an all day event complete with four different interviews and a case presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you reconcile EBIT to cash flow   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at Career Fair. Had my first interview the following week and they did a very good job at making me feel comfortable. They had someone in the hallway before the interview actually started for me to talk to and ask any questions that I had. The interview itself was fairly easy, two parts that were both behavioral with 1 or 2 technical questions. It felt as if we were having a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did something that was right but not popular.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Mostly situational questions to gauge how you work with others. Some a sking about how you handled past engineering problems or "difficult people." Pretty relaxed with an interviewer in a small room, who is now manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job to work here?   Answer Question

Control and Diagnostics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

First got a short call from HR asking simple questions. Once that was over, an hour long logic test and personality questionnaire. Then a short video "technical" interview with someone in the engineering department.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Evanston, IL).

Interview

I applied online through my school's career website and also through GM's own career portal. I was invited to a 30min in person interview at my schools career center. The interview felt really short. Three-four behavioral questions about leadership/group work and then two qualitative finance questions.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you consider when deciding whether or not to implement a new feature on a car (feature was specified in the actual question).   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very professional and very well laid out. Met with them from an on campus event, interviewed with them on campus, and then they contacted me a week later to fly me out to Detroit to go through a process there. In Detroit there was a networking event, and then an interview event. Interview was with two managers, 8 question, and was all behavioral and pretty easy. Got job offer next day and accepted.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It is on-campus interview after university career fair. The interview itself takes nearly an hour. More focus on the contents of resume, such as what project you did, how you solved some technical problems during the project, very detailed!

Interview Questions

• Describe your research/project experience. How's your project experience related to the job you will do in the company?   Answer Question