General Motors Lead Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

3.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with 3 managers in the Warren Tech Center at the coffee area on the first floor. We had a discussion of the opportunity, what they were looking for and how I could help them. It lasted about an hour where we discussed mutual experiences and what was driving GM to go outside for help and problem solvers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to solve a shortage problem at a supplier so as not to shut down the production plants.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, and then the interview process (phone and onsite) was scheduled and conducted in a relatively short time. Interview atmosphere was very friendly and a discussion model rather than Q&A

Offer was not that great, and did not like their approach to deciding compensation. It is basically "how cheap will you work for ?". The initial pay scale that the recruiter mentioned and what the actual salary range was quite different; and then they start focusing on areas you do not have to justify their pay rather than on your strengths which they want you for.. I would not have bothered if I had known that actual scale.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Lominger Interview process used for new hires

Interview Questions

• Tell me time when you disagreed with your management and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical HR hiring process used by large companies

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Motors (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Cbit interview, no technical Interview, interview based on situations, your actions, thought process, decision, lessons learned, where did you applied, what was the result. After cbit there will be hr round. And then salary negotiation which will no happen often.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Telephonic interview for about 15 min and two rounds of face-face interviews, one with the grouo leader and the other with EGM at site location. This was followed by the HR interview the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Experience based interview

Negotiation