General Motors Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors in January 2016.

Interview

Talked with the representatives at an on campus career fair, and was offered an on campus interview slot for the next day. It was a 2 on 1 interview that lasted half an hour. They asked mostly behavioral questions. Reps came off as kind of cold and uninterested from the start.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Multiple STAR interview style questions. Overall a satisfactory experience, however it was not really useful in terms of determining skill set or ability. The company comped the flight and hotel stay which was much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed to meet a deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Stanford, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met GM at career fair and they offered me an interview the next day. I interviewed and then kept in contact with recruiters for the next month. They gave me an offer in November through a phone call and email. Overall positive experience. I presume the full time hires require more levels of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the challenges you faced? What are you most proud of on your resume?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

the process started with a behavioral interview. The interviewer seemed interested but rushed at the same time like he had heard it all before. There were only three questions and it seemed like it didn't really get the entire picture.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

It was a very friendly and casual interview. All of the questions asked were in the STAR format. The only step in the interview process was an approximately 30 minute phone interview.

Change of major

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ingersoll, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Ingersoll, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially I was required to send my resume, cover letter and transcript. I received the interview call through my University (UOIT) as well and the interview was on campus as well. The interview was about an hour with a two person panel. Several questions were asked relative to resume experience. Some of the behavioral questions were also crafted from the resume. No technical or as such difficult questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly behavioral questions, with cliche questions like, what would you do if you are assigned with multiple tasks and What relative experience and skills do you have for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Pontiac, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by a hiring manager and asked a series of background and employment eligibility questions. Later, I had two interviews with engineering managers in various groups. The interview questions were largely behavioral/situational in nature. I was offered a position the following week. Both a hiring manager and engineering group manager contacted me the same week.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you made a decision that you later regretted.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors in July 2010.

Interview

There is a phone interview last one hour. They asked my background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

College recruiting event where hiring managers came on campus to hire prospective interns in two weeks. First step was meeting the hiring team at the career fair, then they would decide whether or not to give an interview slot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Berkeley, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

College recruiter came to school , after I turned my resume they call me and gave me an interview at school, it was 30 mi individual interview with a lady and basically it was a behavioral interview . she went over my resume, asked My GPA and hen started some question about motivations and behavior.

Interview Questions

• why do you like auto industry?   Answer Question
    • Describe one of the difficulty you faced and how handled it?(not academic problem)   Answer Question