General Motors Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.1

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Had face-to-face with campus recruiter, then a Skype interview, during which I was told I would be contacted with the outcome within the next 2 weeks. I was not contacted, and my email attempt went unanswered as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a group that had a member who didn't assist.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview took about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked some general questions about my research projects and the software packages that I have used. Also the explained a bit about the projects that they might assign to me.

Assistant Manager, Communications - Cadillac Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took three weeks. There were three interviews - a phone screen, 1on1 in NYC, and one in Detroit. Discussed background, experience and expectations for the position. Overall, it was very smooth and positive experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very straightforward. GM came to my school's career fair and I dropped of my resume. I was invited for an in person interview with two alumni. The interview was entirely to check fit and the questions were all cultural. They asked me to describe some of the projects I've worked on before but didn't press anything technical. Afterwards, I was quickly called by the manager of the group I would have worked on and he just described his role before asking if I had questions. It was a very swift process.

Powertrain Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There was only one on campus behavioral interview, and that was it. I was interviewed by two engineers, who asked fairly standard questions regarding my interests, experience, and ambitions. At the end of the interview there were a few minutes for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a story of a time when your best just wasn't good enough   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with GM representatives to talk about the company, participated in a behavioral interview, talked about my experience and goals, talked about my previous projects and some projects that the company works on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had difficulty with another employee and how did you resolve your situation?   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

All over the place. They used a recruiter. Keyword is Enterprise Rent a Car. Figured out they prefer to hire former employee to avoid paying salary one deserves for the responsibility.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Went to career fair and secured an interview the next week. Was told it would be 2 hours long but was actually just an hour with one person. STAR based behavioral questions, what did I learn from experiences. Asked about some of my tech background but no specific tech questions. Did not get a feeling that I will get an offer and am still wating on a rejection letter.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY).

Interview

A lot of team and personality questions and a few technical question. As a college hire, they know you need training so they offer a extensive training bootcamp to prep you for your projects.

Interview Questions

• What is the bigger problem you had in a team project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was handle by phone call due to actually I am in New York city and the interviewers were in Indian and michigan. The phone calls were performed separately, due to the differents locations of them. Each interview took more than 1.

It was helpful and rewarding to me, due to, I recently got the green card lottery from USA and actually, I am in New York City.

Interview Questions

• Coul you tell me about your professional experience?   1 Answer
    • Describe Your last Position?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a challenge you have faced in your job?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking for a new opportunity now?”   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer