General Motors Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Spring Hill, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

After meeting GM representatives at a University Career Fair I was called into the University career center for a behavioral interview the next day. A week and a half later I was called into the GM plant for another similar behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you made an unpopular decision that was for the best.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

Application

Interview

I met GM employees and managers at my University's career fair, spoke with them briefly and handed in a copy of my resume. Later that day they called me for a behavioral interview to take place the following day. A week after the initial behavioral interview I was called into the GM plant for a second behavioral interview that was similar to the first.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an unpopular decision that was for the best.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

I got contacted about a job via LinkedIn, Set up an interview, Standard Automotive interview, STAR Method. Interviewed with two managers. They described the job very well, what would be expected of any potential hire.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had believed to have solved a problem, but the problem persisted.

How did you rectify it? (follow up question)   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was very structured and tedious. The interview process follows the STAR process closely. They asked me follow-up questions for almost every answer I gave.

Some questions were more difficult than others to answer, but they seemed to appreciate my honesty if I did not understand the question or if it did not apply to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a work problem to be more difficult than you had originally anticipated.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

callback interview after a job fair, followed by a phone interview, then a site visit and tour, then in person on site interviews, each in person interview was 3 interviews in a row with two people each time, the first round was with the engineering lead and another higher up, you will never see these people again most likely, the second round was with two people from the dept youre hiring into, like a shift lead and a busniess manager, the last round is with your hiring manager and whoever the second in charge after him

Interview Questions

• pretty standard stuff, they follow the "star method" situation or task, action you took, results you achieved   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview, 2 face to face interviews with 2 individuals both times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to question someone of higher authority.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Meet with HR for a 30 min review of benefits and overview of the company. Switched rooms and was interviewed by two lower level managers regarding my resume and past experience (this part of the process lasted 1 hour). After this section of the interview was over, two upper level managers entered the room and asked situation questions and a number of repetitive questions that were asked by the previous managers.

Interview Questions

• Some of the situation questions were difficult to answer because of how general the question was.   Answer Question

I didn't feel the job was a good fit for me after the interview.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

There was three parts in this process the first one was a phone interview with Human Resources, the second one was an assessment online and the third was a interview with 3 people in the interview, it took about 30 minutes. They described the job, after that they asked 4 questions at the en time for questions from the candidate

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you had to deal with ethics in your previous work   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Lady from HR in Detroit called and asked generic HR questions.
    Next step was that she would forward the application to the Ingersoll office and they will schedule another interview. I tried to follow up by calling her but she did not reply and have not heard from them since.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in GM?
      What skills can you bring to the position?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors in March 2010.

Interview

Sent company my resure and was called to come to work after sending info to Aerotek and getting hiring process done through them. after that went on a plant tour and started week after.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work as a contract worker since this company is in closed status and you are not elgiable to be hired full time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, they said take it or leave it.