General Motors Production Group Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Spring Hill, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on GM site. First contact was a 20 minute phone screen with a recruiter nearly 2 months later. Usual questions. Several weeks later invited on-site. Interviewed with two managers. They utilize a standard interview template with pre-written questions. STAR format (called SMART with GM). After the standardized questions, had a little informal Q&A. Not too difficult. 4 weeks later I was called with an offer. Time between initial application and offer was a little over 15 weeks. Seemed like an eternity.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at General Motors (Wentzville, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Went through staffing agent. Uploaded resume and received call immediately because of background. Set up time to do phone interview the next day. Staffing agent was very helpful...shared interview tips and what to expect.
    Face to face interview: Behavioral based questions. Looking for strong demonstration of leadership skills and definitive examples of results. Conflict resolution in union shop. Meet in separate conference rooms with department heads.
    Expectations: Rotation of shifts every 3 mos. very visible on shop floor. Center manager doesn't want to hear the problem, but you're doing about the situation. Keep management updated on his situation is progressing.

Interview Questions

• Long interview process witn each department heads. Tell me a time you failed? What did you learn or what would you do differently? Tell me a time you dealt with team members who didn't get along? Want very concise examples that demonstrate leadership style and how you got results.
      Just stay with STAR method but paint a clear picture.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Contract work (long-term)

Group Leader Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Motors (Lansing, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of group and shift leads, rapid fire questions about experience and leadership style. Business casual attire. Interview was standard for the management position, mainly discussing problem tracking and solving in addition to the leadership skills. Very few questions on education, requirement is flexible.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to react to an out of standard condition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Defiance, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I received a phone call from the talent aquisition team about two moths after I applied. A phone interview was conducted. The questions in the phone interview were very general interview questions. I was told my information would be forwarded over to the hiring manager. About a week later the same person called me back and said i had been selected to interview in person. The position I applied for was in another state. GM covered all expenses(flight,car,hotel,food). The only expense i paid was for gas and luggage. The interview was two hours in length. There were two teams of two and I spent an hour with each team. The questions were behavior styled question, tell me about a time when............

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you said something different to one person than to another, and this came back to haunt you   1 Answer

Production Group Leader Interview

Interview

Applied through university job website, Got called for an interview, interview was at the assembly plant HR and shift manager were interviewers, found out within a week if I got the position

Production Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a co-op office and received a call for interview within a week. The 30 minute interview was conducted by 2 interviewers at the company. Interview begins with general description of the company, as well as some brief questions to assess your work elegibility. They then move on to 3 behavioural questions that are tied to the position, and must be answered in Situation-Task-Action-Result format. Conclude with a Q&A session.

Accepted another position as part of my co-op program.