General Motors Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Program Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Very limited on time. Interviewed in the main cafeteria which made me feel unimportant. The interviewers only focused on my availability and not much time on actual experience. I felt like I was rushed to answer questions. Plus I was not given much time to ask questions of my own regarding workplace environment, work schedule, workload, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with HR for initial interview. Then met with hiring manager for step two in the process. .Upon completion of the interview by the hiring manager I was referred back to HR. I went home and was then asked to come back in to take the personality assessment and a skills assessment. I returned home and received an offer letter by mail.

Interview Questions

• My ability to work under pressure and build a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an offer letter and replied with a counter offer. They were unable to meet my requirements so I turned down the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

GM has outsourced the candidate screening process and HR is still ironing out the bugs. The interview preparation instructions stated to record the responses to questions. HR was unsure of what to instruct candidates to bring a video or a typed presentation. The interviews were one hour sessions with the Global Program Manager and the Engineering Manager. The questions were STAR format behavioral focused.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where a team member chooses not to participate in meetings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Behavior Questions - Two one hours sessions with two different hiring managers.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with four different people. Also, I interviewed with the employees that worked on the project to see how the synergy worked with the group. I was also questioned on my IT knowledge

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in September 2009.

Interview

Two interviews, both superficial. I was promoted into this position, by my manager, which included a 90 second phone call; anticlimactic.

Interview Questions

• More of a conversational interview; nothing technical - funny, as it was a technical position   Answer Question

Negotiation

3 rounds of negotiation; 10% increase to base salary; an additional week of holiday