General Motors Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Project Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied towards the end of October. I got a phone call about a month later to have a screening interview with a recruiter. About a month after that, I got an email to schedule a video conference interview with unnamed managers. Since then, it's been over month and I haven't received any notice of whether or not I got the position. It has been over 3 months total for the process, and by my accounts, it's still not over. On their website, the submission status hasn't changed since the online interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI).

Interview

It went well, the staff was very Friendly. I was nervous as can be before hand, however once I got there I was very comfortable and was able to have a great conversation with the interviewers. I practiced 10 questions and they only asked one of them. no matter, I was prepared and it turned out well.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle working for a supervisor that you did not trust.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slight negotiations, satisfied with final number

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

The Manager was pretty cool, typical questions about behavior, thoughts, response. Star Method approach was apparently changed to something else but similar

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Pontiac, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

Received a call for interview. Decide on a date for interview. Interviewed with multiple hiring managers from different group. Interview questions were mainly behavior: describes a situation when you had to make difficult decision, how did you come to the solution, what did you do, what was the result, and did you follow-up with clients.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you have to deal with ambiquity?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors in January 2010.

Interview

Very well structured process
    Manager had a long experience within activity
    Place I work was far from homeplace and distance did not worth the possibility of staying at local hotel
    Looked for a near location what ended being the right choice at the time
    I did not expected to be questioned on having any family or relatives working at gm

Interview Questions

Far from home did not worth the possibility of staying in a local hotel

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogota, Cundinamarca (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Bogota, Cundinamarca (Colombia)) in January 2008.

Interview

I did two interviews and one assessment activity with 3 more candidates. The process seemed improvised. No real technical or psychological tests were done. The HHRR contact person was not very clear about the position and its salary and seemed to be in a hurry to fill in the position as soon as possible

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Take it or leave it.