General Motors Senior Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied via internal referral and forwarded resume to my associate. HR called two hours later for a quick phone screen about my history and salary requirements. Another HR manager called a few days later to set another interview in person. They only interview on fridays. Met with two buyers and had them both interview me at the same time due to another candidate not showing, normally they split the interview into two one hour meetings. Used behavioral based questions to interview, very informal and conversational.

I personally find STAR method interviews tough to prepare for because you never know what questions you will be asked and what scenarios you personally have experienced which may be applicable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GM?
    Name a time you had an uncomfortable matter with a peer how did you address it?
    Name a time you had to use market research and knowledge to make a decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still waiting on the results of the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, within 1 week interview set up. Interview is all behavioral questions .. With basic tell me about yourself and they give a brief overview of department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why do you want to leave current position. Approximately 8 total behavioral questions   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you did not trust   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was two hours in total. There were two interviewers who met 1:1 with me for an hour. The interview questions were based on Lominger Competencies. It was very casual and a free flowing conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

FAST-By all accounts! Applied online on 6/6/2013. Within an hour after I applied, I was contacted for a phone screen. We walked through my resume, typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. We talked salary. Then I was advised of a hiring event in Warren on 6/29. Then I was contact about 2 weeks later that I would be interviewing. Among my best interview performance of my life! I was made an offer the following Monday.

Negotiation

None. GM typically does not negotiate. Whatever the $$number was pre-interview is what they will offer. I have heard twice where an applicant mentioned another employer offer as way to negotiate, & GM declined. I pushed the phone interview person hard to max my number.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Resume submitted on line.2-3 weeks there after received Phone screening call, which later was followed by 2 panel interviews. Heard back the results in 3-4 weeks.
    Interview held in friendly environment.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

General Motors uses the Lominger Interview Process. It is very involved and spends a lot of time with real experience. It is a good way of discussing real situations and understanding the thought process for resolution.

Interview Questions

• You need to provide real business situations and the process you follow to resolve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Very detailed around identifying the core competencies for employment

Interview Questions

• What was your thought process as of why you came to that decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation