General Motors Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The entire interview was 5 hours long. I interviewed with 2 different managers from the same department, and each interview lasted about one hour. The remainder of the time was spent visiting some of the facilities. Both managers were knowledgeable and very pleasant to talk to. The interview focused on my past experience and how I handled different situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a situation that you were in and you have never experienced before and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Interview

Hiring process was not that tedious. It had only below 3 things.
    -Telephonic round in which detail of all the parts of the system were asked. (Never used that knowledge after joining this company and have forgotten everything now)
    - Face to face
    - HR

Interview Questions

• They asked technical detail of all the parts of the system as if we were going to design here after my hiring. :)   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors in May 2014.

Interview

Very brief process. First I had a telephonic round and then I had a face-to-face interview. The difficulty level was high. I had to clear all the rounds with high technical proficiency. It was overall a great experience when I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your expectation out of the job?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Mumbai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Campus placement interview was more on technical subjects and optional s chosen. initial screening based on the exam on technical subjects, resume screening based on the requirement and later one technical and one HR round. panel consists of minimum two people and asks more on the fundamentals of the subjects chosen/optional

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

There was 3 steps of interview - Telephonic, face to face with the Manager & the last round with the department head. The hiring process is really very smooth. Great coordination among the departments.

Interview Questions

• The difficult part is technical round. The previous job experience matters a lot. Ground work should be done & it should be solid.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2008.

Interview

They mainly concentrate what they want and at the same time want to know what exactly we know.
    Like I am from a totally irrelevant branch but applied for this interview out of passion so they took around 4 interviews one after another just to know whether I am eligible for that post or not.
    Questionaire might vary from basic automotive to indepth depending on how you answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a train and car since both are hybrid :)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be confident, stick to basics thats what people from GM expect.