General Motors Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX).

Interview

The manager rushed through the process. He seemed to think that he can figure out people within just a couple of minutes. There were not really any tricky technical questions. They were more concerned about fitting in so all the questions were the same for everyone. They tried to ask technical questions, but you can tell that they just care more about some skills than others.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in the beginning of the December 2015, the process took about 5 months. First I got call from TA team (Recruiter) in January 2016, she asked me few questions and other educational and experienced related informative questions; then I got another call for scheduling an interview with Hiring Manager in the beginning of February 2016 for about an hour; after that I got another (Final) video conferencing interview scheduled in the end of the month February 2016 for about 2 hours with Hiring manager and the other technical departmental person (1 hour each). I got interview response after a week and then rest of the documentary process started.

Interview was easy. Hiring manager and the departmental person who was taking the interview were nice and polite, actually I talked with bunch of different people in GM from the starting of interview to the end of the process everybody were nice and polite. In interview they asks STARLA type of questions in the interview and of course few technical questions. Overall good experience from starting to End, but very slow process.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join GM/
      Describe a situation when you broke the process and how did you fix it?
      1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

3 Phone interviews. The experience was very good, the recruiter did a skills review and explained clearly what the process will be like if I got shortlisted. Got interviewed by the Hiring manager. A few weeks later got interviewed by other members in the team. Overall experience was very good, I felt they wanted to respect my time and be decisive on whether they want me or not. Some other companies make you go through multiple frustrating interview loops. So far I can say GM has a lot of class and looks like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions. The answers did require a mix of people skills and technical understanding of the tools and technologies used in the team and ability to come up with solutions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

I took a 1.5 weeks between the first phone call from the recruiter to the 1:1 with the team members. I was presented a quick overview of GM benefits for 30 minutes and had 2 hours interview with 2 different persons. I did not find all the questions relevant for the position but most of them were appropriate. I had a really bad headache and tried to be positive as possible.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Set and a List?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

There were a lot of questions on on site on algorithms and data structures. Mostly on strings such as reversal), removing duplicates in an array, finding maximum subsequence, vectors. There are about 5 such questions and rest is behavioral .The phone interview was more around specific .Net or java technologies such as interfaces vs abstract, garbage collection,..