General Motors Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career fair. I had known my interviewers perviously, as I had worked with them throughout the semester in my school's capstone class. I only had one interview time, but during that time slot I had two separate interviews with two different people. Both asked mainly behavioral questions. The process took about one hour. Did not hear back yet, as it was two days ago, but will update when I get a response.

Interview Questions

• How did you build a relationship with a person in a stressful environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions, however, both of my interviewers asked several technical questions as well. The technical questions consisted mostly of data structure and algorithm concepts.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of using an abstract class? Describe a situation when you would use an abstract class. When is an abstract class not the best choice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. I was called by HR and then a video interview was setup. The questions were mainly behavioral with one or two technical questions. Overall, it was a smooth process with one interview consisting of two rounds. I'm waiting to hear back from them, will update once I know the results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Smooth, called at first to set up an on site interview which consisted of two hours divided between two hiring managers, most of the questions were behavioral one to two questions were technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Bloomington, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The individuals that interviewed me were great, very easy to talk to. They asked basic functional and technical questions. The HR department did not get back to me for 4 months.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online through their website. The process consisted of two hour-long behavioral interviews regarding past projects and experiences. Questions were pretty standard and interviewers were pleasant to talk to.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at my university career fair and was given an on campus interview. There were two interviewers who I talked to for 30 minutes each. The questions were very easy and were all behavioral. There was no on site interview, which I thought was surprising. I received an offer over the phone 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through university recruitment by General Motors. I applied through my college career website and I got a call for my face to face interview. There were 2 rounds of interview. Both rounds were behavioral. Interviewers were friendly. After the interview, I was asked to wait for HR response about the result. After a week, I got an email to apply for the position online and I am now waiting for HR reply. I will update once I get a reply from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made was unpopular and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Met the GM reps at the career fair in Provo, Utah and got an interview with them that day. It lasted for about 45 minutes and we discussed several behavioral questions with one technical question. Then, was contacted a few weeks later and scheduled a video interview for a few days later. The video interview was more of a conversation asking me about past experiences with projects and developing software. Mostly behavioral questions with a few kind-of technical aspects to them. Overall, an extremely pleasant and relax experience. After the interview, the IT rep said they'd accept me so just waiting for the letter. We'll see how it goes when the letter comes.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a function that determine if a word is a palindrome?   Answer Question
    • Other behavioral questions- past projects, teamwork, reaction and response to disagreements, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Will definitely negotiate pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (San Marcos, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through college/university job portal and got an on campus Interview. The interview was had two parts. Each part was an hour long. First part was mostly technical questions, asking about my background and knowledge or programing. Second part was behavioral questions and a few functional questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What courses have you taken?
      How comfortable are you with programing languages that you know?
      Answer Question