General Motors Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.3

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Initially spoke to recruiters at campus event in the morning. Was called back the same day in the afternoon and scheduled an interview for the following day. First round interview was primarily behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Interview was 3 parts-
    First part open to interviewee to describe their interests and candidacy.
    Second part behavioral questions, describe a time when you went above and beyond... describe a time when you worked with someone difficult.
    Third part was open for the interviewee to ask questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors in September 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college campus career fair. I received a call which led to one in-person casual interview. It mainly consisted of behavioral and technical project questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a technical project where you had a difficult time with the team relationships...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at Career Fair. Had my first interview the following week and they did a very good job at making me feel comfortable. They had someone in the hallway before the interview actually started for me to talk to and ask any questions that I had. The interview itself was fairly easy, two parts that were both behavioral with 1 or 2 technical questions. It felt as if we were having a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did something that was right but not popular.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I was brought into one of their new Innovation Centers and was given a tour at the end. Initially, I was met with two recruiters who then split off, making the interview a two-part one-on-one interview. Overall, a fun interview experience with not a lot of pressure.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work harder than usual just to complete a seemingly normal task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career fair. I had known my interviewers perviously, as I had worked with them throughout the semester in my school's capstone class. I only had one interview time, but during that time slot I had two separate interviews with two different people. Both asked mainly behavioral questions. The process took about one hour. Did not hear back yet, as it was two days ago, but will update when I get a response.

Interview Questions

• How did you build a relationship with a person in a stressful environment?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions, however, both of my interviewers asked several technical questions as well. The technical questions consisted mostly of data structure and algorithm concepts.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of using an abstract class? Describe a situation when you would use an abstract class. When is an abstract class not the best choice?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors in January 2017.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting received a next day interview. Overall was not difficult. Only one interview was required before receiving an offer. Offer good benefits and good care development oppertunites withen the company

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Question + Work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. I was called by HR and then a video interview was setup. The questions were mainly behavioral with one or two technical questions. Overall, it was a smooth process with one interview consisting of two rounds. I'm waiting to hear back from them, will update once I know the results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Smooth, called at first to set up an on site interview which consisted of two hours divided between two hiring managers, most of the questions were behavioral one to two questions were technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Bloomington, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The individuals that interviewed me were great, very easy to talk to. They asked basic functional and technical questions. The HR department did not get back to me for 4 months.