General Motors Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.3

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Fayetteville, AR) in May 2016.

Interview

There were two phone interviews. One behavioral and one technical. It was very easy. They used simple and straightforward questions. Interviewers did not try to trick me or pressure me.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach implementing a program that outputs every other number between 1 and 20?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

interviewed with one mgr, and one developer with little GM experience. some repetitive questions not well directed. Poor onboarding initially, jump thru hoops for video interface.
    There was a third party which I think has changed.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you as opposed to other candidates   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors in January 2017.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting received a next day interview. Overall was not difficult. Only one interview was required before receiving an offer. Offer good benefits and good care development oppertunites withen the company

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Question + Work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Roswell, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed and easy. It was all behavioral questions asking about how you approached difficult situations you encountered. They did not ask any technical questions whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a task in which you encountered difficulties and how you overcame them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at Career Fair. Had my first interview the following week and they did a very good job at making me feel comfortable. They had someone in the hallway before the interview actually started for me to talk to and ask any questions that I had. The interview itself was fairly easy, two parts that were both behavioral with 1 or 2 technical questions. It felt as if we were having a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did something that was right but not popular.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors in September 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college campus career fair. I received a call which led to one in-person casual interview. It mainly consisted of behavioral and technical project questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a technical project where you had a difficult time with the team relationships...   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Initially spoke to recruiters at campus event in the morning. Was called back the same day in the afternoon and scheduled an interview for the following day. First round interview was primarily behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Interview was 3 parts-
      First part open to interviewee to describe their interests and candidacy.
      Second part behavioral questions, describe a time when you went above and beyond... describe a time when you worked with someone difficult.
      Third part was open for the interviewee to ask questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors in October 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call after I applied. When I went on site, there were 0 technical questions asked and this showed that they don't take it seriously. There are so many people who didn't know what they were doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

In University career fair, the next few days employer contact me say I am in first round. That is 30 minutes interview. All the candidates waiting in outside, and there are few employers call every candidate one by one

Interview Questions

• Asking some general questions about introduction, what's your favoriate project, the challenge your met before. And then technic interview asked about one algorithm question   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors in October 2014.

Interview

2 interviews. Both over the phone. They were behavioral interviews, with a few technical questions depending on the job you apply for. The interviews were very normal and not too difficult, but you will still need to prepare ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to lead a team to achieve great results.   Answer Question