General Motors Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Motors Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I was brought into one of their new Innovation Centers and was given a tour at the end. Initially, I was met with two recruiters who then split off, making the interview a two-part one-on-one interview. Overall, a fun interview experience with not a lot of pressure.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work harder than usual just to complete a seemingly normal task.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Bloomington, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The individuals that interviewed me were great, very easy to talk to. They asked basic functional and technical questions. The HR department did not get back to me for 4 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college's career fair. I had known my interviewers perviously, as I had worked with them throughout the semester in my school's capstone class. I only had one interview time, but during that time slot I had two separate interviews with two different people. Both asked mainly behavioral questions. The process took about one hour. Did not hear back yet, as it was two days ago, but will update when I get a response.

Interview Questions

• How did you build a relationship with a person in a stressful environment?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions, however, both of my interviewers asked several technical questions as well. The technical questions consisted mostly of data structure and algorithm concepts.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of using an abstract class? Describe a situation when you would use an abstract class. When is an abstract class not the best choice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Motors (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

30 mins behavioural 30 mins technical. the recruiters were nice, and questions weren't that hard. i didn't get the offer because i didn't prepare well. Read some online behavioural questions and some basic technical question and algorithm. Nothing surprise, just prepare yourself like you should do.

Interview Questions

• how did you overcome a hardship during a project in a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied at a campus career fair and was interviewed on campus two days later, I was notified through email that I was selected for the interview process. I was then called back for a second interview at GM IT Center in Chandler, AZ. - I was also notified through email and they asked if I wanted to accept the scheduled interview. First interview was behavioral and was conducted by an alumni of the university, all the questions were scenario questions such as what would you do in a situation such as, was also asked about the different courses I took as a student. Second Interview was technical portion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Gives two tables in a database model - cars and customers. How would you link which cars belonged to which customer.   1 Answer
    • How would you sort a car list by MPG? what would you use?   1 Answer
    • What are the resources you would use if you are stuck with a difficult problem?   Answer Question
    • If you were part of a team maintaining and supporting an application, and a client calls describing that the application is not working, how would you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Motors (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. I was called by HR and then a video interview was setup. The questions were mainly behavioral with one or two technical questions. Overall, it was a smooth process with one interview consisting of two rounds. I'm waiting to hear back from them, will update once I know the results.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very positive interview experience. Applied through university career fair, went through a phone call with Talent Acquisition about resume and basic skills after about 3 weeks. Had a technical + behavioral on-site interview 2 weeks later. Received offer one day after the interview. Timely and helpful response throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Sum of two linkedlists with most significant digit at the head.
      2. Reverse a linkedlist.
      3. Java: What's an abstract class? Difference between abstract class and interface.
      4. What's an inner class?
      5. Difference between static inner class and non-static inner class.
      6. How to create a new thread?
      7. Android: Methods for interprocess communication
      8. Intent and PendingIntent.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Warren, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Smooth, called at first to set up an on site interview which consisted of two hours divided between two hiring managers, most of the questions were behavioral one to two questions were technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Motors (San Marcos, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through college/university job portal and got an on campus Interview. The interview was had two parts. Each part was an hour long. First part was mostly technical questions, asking about my background and knowledge or programing. Second part was behavioral questions and a few functional questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What courses have you taken?
      How comfortable are you with programing languages that you know?
      Answer Question