General Motors Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. I took 3 months to get 1st interview. Phone Screen for one hour.Phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed 10 questions.
After that they scheduled onsite interview for one day.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and answers and some case study. Previous work experience and project related questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website, and they emailed me after a week or two. They first scheduled me for a phone call with a recruiter to discuss my background, why I wanted to work for GM, and give me some very general information about what the position was.
    Then I had a skype interview with an engineer, who seemed to be confused at what the role actually was. Apparently HR didn't give him the job posting so he seemed really confused at what to ask me. he ended up just going over my resume and seeing if what I did before was relevant.
    After that, they wanted to schedule me for a on site, but I was out of the country at the time, and they didn't want to pay to fly me out. So I had another skype interview with two hiring managers who asked me STAR questions.
    After that, they told me they'd have an answer within 2 weeks, but this was right before the holidays so I got nothing. Emailed the recruiter after the holidays, he told me they were still deciding. I emailed them twice after that, and both emails were ignored. I thought they'd at least have the professional courtesy to tell me that I was rejected, instead of ignoring my emails.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguous projects?
      What was your greatest success?
      Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Motors (Milford, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at the Milford facility. There were two separate hour long interviews consisting of four questions each. I interviewed with hiring managers for the respective projects. Overall it was a very positive experience. The interviewers were very pleasant and seemed genuinely interested in my responses. The nature of the questions allowed for a very open discussion.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time in which you had to present something to an audience which did not agree with you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at General Motors (Milford, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Overall It was a great interview. I was selected as a candidate from the Advanced vehicle competition. Interviewed with 2 different hiring managers who went through a personality test.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was given to me 3 hours after the interview and exceeded my expectation.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Very easy and relaxed.

First they review your resume and learn a litt about you. Then lead into Lominger style interview questions. Compenency based questions around 3-5, to judge behavior. They also ask you a couple questions elaborating on your technical experience.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

GM representatives came to my university and did a first round of interviews. This interview was about 30 minutes and was strictly behavioral. I got a call two weeks later saying that I had made it to the second round of interviews. They flew me to Detroit the following week and had an onsite interview. This interview lasted about an hour and was also all behavioral. Then, the two interviewers gave me a tour of the lab they worked in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received an offer, I do not know if you can negotiate salary.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new very quickly.