Genesis HealthCare Speech Language Pathologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genesis HealthCare Speech Language Pathologist Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake Beach, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Chesapeake Beach, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online, 10 minutes later a recruiter called and scheduled an interview with the SNF facility the next day. The interviewer talked a lot about the facility and what the they do. I didn't end up getting the job because of my "lack of experience" however it was my 1st interview with a SNF so I learned a lot about areas I should freshen up on for the next interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Genesis HealthCare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Monroe, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

I uploaded my resume to Indeed.com and was called by a recruiter. We talked briefly about my interest and experiences and she asked me to apply to this job online. The interview included a tour of the facility and a 1:1 interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had a patient refuse care.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Concord, NH) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called by a recruiter the next day who asked me questions and let me know more about the job I applied for and other openings in the area. I was set up with an interview and met with the boss and got a tour the next week. I had an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with patients and families.   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

A lost of back and forth with a recruiter via email, followed by a chat with the area director over the phone. When I finally got to the facility for what I though was my interview, I already had the job but nobody told me. I was so anxious, waiting for the actual interview portion to begin and my boss just showed me around and sent me to watch another SLP do a treatment. I never felt like I was actually "interviewed" but I guess they had all the information they needed.

Interview Questions

• During the phone conversation, the area director asked about my experience and my interests within the field. That was as close to an interview as it got.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Charleston, WV) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed and simple. A recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview within a week. After the interview, I visited the facility for a tour and additional informal interview. The rehab coordinator showed me the facility and asked a few questions. The interview/tour only lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with the geriatric population?
      Tell me about your previous clinical experiences.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Alexandria, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR a couple of days of submitting my resume and was called to schedule an in person interview within a few days. I was offered the positioned the following day. It then took a few weeks to get all the paperwork completed. I started the job just under 30 days of submitting my application online.

Interview Questions

• What kind of population do you have experience working with?   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Found and applied for job online, received a phone call that week from HR for a telephone interview and to tell me more about the position. Scheduled an interview for the following week and received an offer the next day. Negotiated salary and accepted position the next day. Rehab team was great! Interdisciplinary team approach. Manager was tolerable, but not friendly or approachable.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Charlotte, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

In a room with rehab director, his boss, and 2 SLP's. Very nice in conference room. I recall specifically asking if there was enough work to warrant a 3rd person in this department. I was assured that it was. Following being offered a job and 3-4 weeks into the position I discovered that it was not. I struggled for an entire year to maintain 40 hours per week. I was frequently using PTO to make 40 r's/wk.

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in March 2010.

Interview

I was referred to the company by a former employee who had kept friends in management positions at Genesis. The interview took place one afternoon at the facility I would be working in if I was offered the job. The area director was friendly and gave me a tour of the building before settling down in a conference room. I was not forewarned about how long the interview would actually take, which I was thankful for. The interview itself was 1:1 in a comfortable setting. I was asked a SERIES of CLINICAL questions, most of which began with "Tell me about a situation when...." and ended in "....and please provide specific examples." There was a good amount of these lengthy questions, all of which encouraged me to draw from the clinical experience I'd had throughout grad school. I was very thankful to have had a wonderful internship in an acute rehab facility where I had the opportunity to work with medically complex adult patients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the patient's family was confused about or not-in-agreement with a decision you made a therapist and what you did to educate the pt & family regarding his plan of care. Be as specific as possible.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time during your practicum experience that you and your supervisor had a disagreement and what you did to rectify the situation. Be as specific as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since this was my first paying job as an SLP, I didn't really feel comfortable negotiating. I'd done my research on first year salaries for SLPs and my offer fell within that range, so I didn't want to sound greedy asking for more.