Genius Plaza Backend Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genius Plaza (Miami, FL) in March 2019.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email with a very vague and overly complex coding challenge using both Django and RESTful APIs. To put it simply doing hard questions from Leetcode instead would have been an extreme step down in time investment.

For a tech company GeniusPlaza's interview process felt completely out of touch with modern standards, more similar to a non-tech company with hiring managers that think harder=better.

After submitting the completed challenge I heard nothing back, I sent 2 followup emails about a week apart and still nothing. I called the company and spoke with a different recruiter and asked to have my recruiter contact me regarding the challenge results (I attempted to contact my recruiter a total of 3 times at this point, twice via email and once over the phone).

It has been over a month now and I have still yet to hear back from my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Create a complete recipe book with working C.R.U.D functionality on the following; recipes, users, steps to the recipes, and ingredients. Additional vague steps that don't make much sense, this must all use REST and Django, and the C.R.U.D functionality must be accessible via a webpage.   Answer Question