Genius Plaza Illustrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Genius Plaza

2.0

Illustration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genius Plaza (Clifton Park, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and simple. I met some representatives at a Career Fair and discussed 2 of my projects, which lead to the interview. The interview itself was a 30 minute video chat about the basics: who you are, what are you looking for, what do you like about the company. The majority of the time will be spent looking over some of your projects (2 most likely, 3 if they're quick). The interviewers are super relaxed and friendly, it was very easy to talk to them.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite project on your portfolio and why? Walk us through it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Genius Plaza

Illustrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genius Plaza in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and the whole process took approximately 2 months. The interview itself was standard, and the people I spoke with were courteous. I passed the initial phone screen and was given an art test to complete, which was received positively by my contact. I was then told that I'd get an answer for next steps by the following week.

A little over a week later, followed up again and was told that the position was filled, but that another person who had been part of my first interview really liked my work and thought I'd be a great fit. A week went by without any responses, so I followed up with my original contact again to inquire if I should expect anything. I was told that I'd be given more details the following week, but I never heard back from anyone. This was back in July 2018, and it is now December so I can only assume that this wasn't leading anywhere to begin with.

While the first half of this interview experience was positive, I felt like I was led on and did not appreciate how this company wasted my time with an empty opportunity.

Interview Questions