Genomic Health Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.2

Sample Accessioning Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews that lasted about 30 minutes
    Interviewed with leads and a supervisor (total of 6 people)
    Asked technical questions, how you deal with people/deadlines/working in a team, who you are as a person, where you see yourself
    Then, at the very end, had to hand write a short-answer

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with process changes? Also, questions about the role   Answer Question

Histotechnologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we had a phone interview a week later. We had a great conversation about the company, the role, and my fit into it. At the end of that conversation I was told the hiring manager would reach out to me, A week after that I talked to someone who seemed to have absolutely no interest in talking to me and had no idea what position I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• What skills would you use in this position? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Director of Commercial Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a simple interview process. Strated with a phone screen by the corporate recruiter. Next 2 live in person panel interview sessions. Some were phone call others were in person. There were too many people involved in the process. They focused to much on have limited resources available. I was not convinced that training was important to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Genomic Health ?   1 Answer

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Typical interview; 2 phone calls - HR & HM. Then office visit to meet with four people (1 on 1s) or so and then another office visit with two more one on ones followed by lunch and interview with the team of people. Then silence for over a month!! Meanwhile, another HR person contacts me to solicit that I apply for the same position based on my LI profile!! Finally, a generic response that they found someone else!!

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very good. 2 rounds with 4 people in each. Meet manager, CPO and peers to get a rounded understanding of the team and role. Each interviewer had different questions which was good as I didn't have to repeat the same responses every time. Very focused on how I would problem solve and drive change. One particularly nice aspect was reception were expecting me and welcomed me by name when I arrived.

Interview Questions

• When have I innovated a solution using technology   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The entire process went very quickly. I applied on day 1, got a phone interview with a recruiter on day 3, got an in-person interview scheduled on day 4, had the in-person interview on day 7, and on day 8 I received an email saying "Thanks, but we're going to look elsewhere."

The actual in-person interview took 5 hours. It included 3 video interviews and five in-person interviews, and about 15 minutes of downtime interspersed in there. It was very exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Can you show us one way you innovated in your last job?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had just applied online around 7:30am and received a call by 8:30am. Briefly ask me about my experience in recruiting IT positions then asked my availability to meet the following week in person. Initial phone screen followed by a 2nd round F2F interview with HR, 3rd round with a panel group of dept. heads. The position was an immediate need to support the IT group and also help support other projects. They needed to fill the position beginning June. After my interview I was told I would be receiving a call from them very soon, but ended up following up with them the following week saying I'm a great candidate, excellent interview and I have strong experience but moved forward with another candidate. Then suggested to continue monitoring the company job postings for upcoming positions in the future.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Two hours long, interviewed with different, key people in the department for about 30 minutes each. It was mostly casual in dress. Received call back with offer the next day - although, they were hiring kind of late in the year so maybe that's why. Applied a couple times because it was my first choice company throughout several months before receiving the phone screen. Recruiter/HR person can sometimes be vague about things which was kind of annoying.

Clinical Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a two day process. Both days were full days of a series of 1:1 interviews. Everyone was very nice. Overall it was a pleasant experience, but intense and tiring. The interviewers came from various groups throughout the company and represented the company well. They were all enthusiastic about their jobs and vey passionate about the company mission. Their enthusiasm was contagious. I definitely wanted to get an offer after the interview process was complete.

Senior Manager/IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genomic Health (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview, and then a day of 1:1 interviews with piers and hiring manager. Then another half day of 1:1 interviews with senior management and key internal customers.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff both technically, and management style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Came back with a counter offer and received signing bonus instead.