Genoptix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.9

Clinical Lab Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genoptix (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy and straight forward application process. Submitted CV along with cover letter and was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview was just like a standard interview. She asked general interview questions (work history, character traits, why I want the job, etc.). She then described the role of the position and confirmed with me that I was still interested. She told me the expected pay and I was okay with it, but I was really looking for a job with better pay at the time, so I expressed this to her. She told me they would get back to me about whether they would like to pursue me as a prospective employee for the job. Within a few days, they returned a call to me stating they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Does your past work experience translate into this position well?   Answer Question

Bilingual Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Genoptix (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. First I had a phone interview to see if I can have a conversation in Spanish. Then, I was emailed for an in person interview with 7 interviewers. 8 in total if we count the phone interview. Some were panel and others one on one all in the same day. If they really like you, they invite you for a one on one with the interviewer who might be your boss. I waited about a month after for them to offer me a position. It was worth the weight.

In order for them to consider you, you must be an experienced fluent speaker with a Bachelors degree in any field.

Clinical Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genoptix (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then received a phone call to make an appointment for a 1 on 1 phone interview, which would have been followed by an interview with the scientist I'd be working with or for. After the phone process, I was not given a second interview as they were other candidates better fit for the position.

Interview Questions

Interview

there were multiple interviews, also interviewed by leaders and colleagues alike, also interviewed by human resources, concise, simple questions. interviews took a few hours total, with each interview lasting 45mins average.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genoptix (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

met with four or five people. basic questions. asked about my background and described the nature of the position. Very casual and actually pleasant. Dont stress about it and just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• basic stuff such as tell me a time you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Clinical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genoptix (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Just graduated, had a friend refer me here, tried applying to this job online, got a call from the company about a couple days later. I set up a telephone interview schedule in the following week, which took about an 45-1hour, asking me several things such as strengths/weaknesses, past experiences, etc. Invited me to interview with them in the office, got interviewed with 5 people, which took roughly 4-5 hours. After about 2 more weeks,got a follow up email saying they couldn't accept me and that they wanted me to try applying again to other jobs when it opens up. This all took about 1 month to do.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?, etc   Answer Question

Clinical Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genoptix (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

They sit down with you with you the manager and the supervisor. They ask about your experience and work ethic. As long as you can show an energetic vibe and show you want to be apart of the team you can join.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay handling blood?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genoptix.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back the next day. Great phone interview with HR. A couple days later had a great conversation with the hiring manager. Was called in for a face to face and met with 5 members of the team. Thought the whole interview went really well but never heard back at all.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, just asked about experience dealing with difficult workplace scenarios. In my opinion, it led me to believe that this group may experience a lot of internal struggle, thus wanting to know how candidates deal with such issues. It was probably a blessing I never received a call back.   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Genoptix.

Interview

Typical interview questions regarding skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember being asked any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Had to go through employment company for several months without benefits.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genoptix.

Interview

The interview process was standard, however they told me they require all new employees to work 3 months in shipping unpacking and processing samples.

Interview Questions

• They seemed concerned about if I would be going to grad school.   Answer Question