Genpact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genpact Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genpact (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called on the spot by a Gentech HR person and asked to speak right then and there. I felt unprepared as I had no time to do any research. I then I had a second interview that went well with very general PM questions. The third interview was by a PM in the company I would be working in and the questions were not difficult. The problem was the persons phone was cutting in and out and I was losing half the conversation. I was on a land line so I know it was not me. I had to ask the person to repeat themselves several times. I really couldn't understand what they were actually asking and it was very distracting. Right after that interview I sent a note to the HR person telling them that there was a problem with the connection and added some follow up information because I felt I hadn't answered one question well. The HR person never responded. I feel that it is very unprofessional not to get a response after a third interview. So if you don't hear from them don't hold your breath your not going to.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when a project didn't go well and what you did about it.   1 Answer

Lead Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genpact (Danbury, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

Look, I am the last one to complain about different cultures. But these guys are ridiculous and Americans should avoid this place like the plague. For your information the company is a Indian outsourcing firm.

The first interview went well. The HR person was a little hard to understand but nothing major. The second interview, the guy thought for some unknown reason that I was interviewing for a product management position.

After sorting that out, I had my "technical interview" via conference call with 3 of their people which took 20 minutes because they couldn't figure out how to use their own phone system.

During the interview, quite frankly their English was horrible. Their understanding of the most basic concepts was lacking. I had to ask them to repeat themselves multiple times. The interview was quite honestly ridiculous.

Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genpact (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, mostly with HR and substitute interviewers, the designated ones never showed up on multiple occasions. After multiple requests for feedback or a decision, I stopped asking. Unprofessional recruitment process.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genpact in November 2016.

Interview

There was a certain lack of interest among the interviewers right from the start. They didn't make it to the calls on time and there was no feedback call as well.

Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genpact (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Got an email from HR with interest in my resume on my college job board. I was quickly brought in for a short in-person interview and Microsoft test with HR and then scheduled another 'interview' with GE where the work would actually be taking place.
    The job description changed between interviews, not helpful.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genpact.

Interview

I joined a job fair and sent my resume and got an interview on campus. It was a one-round interview and I was interviewed with a senior analyst for about an hour. He mainly asked some general behavior questions while I heard they asked technical questions before.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What's your career goal in the next 5 years.
      What do you know about Genpact.
      Answer Question

Consulting Position At 200K Per Year Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genpact (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR recruiter1 and talked with her on phone. She said she would refer me to hiring manager. Never heard from her again or hiring manager. Got a call from HR recruiter2 who went into a long dialog about what she is recruiting for and wanted me to redo my entire resume to make it look like resumes of people she was supposed to locate. It was clear that she had a quota and she had been hired from a staffing firm to locate people with certain types of backgrounds. If you did not have that background, she wanted you to rewrite your entire resume to make it look like you did have that background – which is something she could not find, but was clearly required to obtain or she is fired.
    I agreed to re-write my resume according to her dictate, but she kept rejecting it saying that it did not have enough POW for her. So, I re-wrote it again and she still rejected it. You can see that she only wanted resume to look like two examples she gave me from people from India who clearly lied about their background to help this HR recruiter 2 keep her job.
    After a few more revisions, I sent it to her again and also to HR recruiter 1 who had no problems with my resume.
    HR recruiter 2 keep harassing me and changing interview dates and times. She finally settled on March 17th which is St. Patrick’s day and was a large parade scheduled in NYC on that day. After this schedule was set, HR Recruiter 3 came into play. She replaced HR recruiter 1 who apparently had disappeared into wild blue yonder. Between HR recruiter 2 and HR recruiter 3, I got an overwhelming number of emails. Finally, I got a typo-filled email from HR Recruiter 2 telling me how to be prepared for interview. I got an email from HR recruiter 3 with executive bios attached telling me to read executive bios to prepare for interview.
    I told HR recruiter 3 that I do know how to prepare for interviews and that she was being a pest. Next day, HR recruiter 2 called and canceled interview telling me that I would be meeting with executives. I was very happy that she canceled because she clearly is an unethical recruiter who cannot locate types of people management wants – so she just tells people she can locate to basically reinvent themselves to look like people she was hired to find. It is clear that she is on a quota system and that she must find those types of people management wants or she will be fired.
    I really don’t want to work for unethical companies. This company was formerly part of GE but was split from GE physically and ethically. Do not apply here. This consulting firm is not worth putting on your resume. Go to Bain or McKinsey instead.

Interview Questions

• Can you redo your resume to make it look like the attached examples please?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genpact (Edison, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

submit resume and interview on campus. Ask me a lot about my courses and identification. Talked a lot about behavior question. Describe a situation and ask me how to response it and what will I do. The interviewer is very nice and no harsh questions, he will explain if there are some difficulty for understanding the question.

Assistant Vice President - FP&A BANKING Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genpact (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by face-to-face in New York City. Third party recruiter paid for airfare to New York. I was given a reimbursement form and instructed to complete this form for additional expenses (meal, taxi, etc.).

The telephone interview occurred in November 2015. The in-person interview occurred in December 2015.

I submitted the reimbursement request in December 2015. By February 2016, I have not received the interview expenses reimbursement. I was last told in January 2016 that the request was submitted to Accounts Payable. By February 2016, GenPact has stopped responding to my inquiries, and I also haven't received the interview expenses reimbursement. Beware!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why GenPact? Do you require structure? We are an Indian firm - and if you require structure, this will not be a positive place for you.   1 Answer

Genpact Response

Feb 18, 2016 – AVP - Talent Marketing & Communication

Dear Anonymous, We are so sorry for the negative experience you’ve been through. Clearly, there has been a miss somewhere in this entire process and we are checking to figure out how it happened. We ... More

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genpact (Storrs, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied the position on university career website. It took 2 weeks to get first interview. A few background questions and many theoretical questions. It should be a 45-minute interview, but they cut the schedule because they spent too much time on other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why you wanted to stay your university?/ Tell me your two challenges in your life and how you overcome it./ What's the assumption of Black-Scholes model?/ What's the assumption of OLS?...   Answer Question