Genpact Regional Tax Lead - Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Regional Tax Lead - Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genpact (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial discussion with HR consisted mainly of the company's recruiter giving me a high-level view of the company and trying to sell me the position. Contrast that with the 1:1 interview, where the interviewer rarely if ever made eye contact, was slumped in the chair, and asked if socializing in the workplace was important to my daily life. Interviewer repeatedly referred to additional candidates and second rounds of interviews, all with the inferred air of "you are wasting my time." Considering I have more years of experience than the position required and strengths in all the right areas, this was especially insulting. I had no interest in the position after completing the interview, and if the roles were reversed, would never hire that person.

Interview Questions

• Is interacting with others important to your every day work? (Which I interpreted as networking or interacting with clients and colleagues - which she meant as "socializing" - said with a sneer.)   Answer Question

Interviewer (and direct report) was dismissive, unfriendly, generally abrupt and almost insulting. Completely unexpected treatment based on the phone interview and previous discussion with recruiter.