Genscape Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genscape Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.6

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genscape.

Interview

The worst I've ever met. Senior talent acquisition specialist contacted me via email to schedule a phone interview. I replied with a suggested time and a follow up email the next day, but never got response. Very unprofessional.

Data Visualization Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genscape in May 2017.

Interview

Interview did not occur, first call with HR she blew me off and didn't respond to emails after scheduling in advance. Was looking forward to it and didn't see this happening to anyone else, but it is rude regardless.

Genscape Response

May 10, 2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and my apologies for the lack of communication! The Recruiter working on this position has been out of town for the past week. The role is still available ... More

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genscape (Louisville, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview process was extremely positive at Genscape. Though the process was about two months, I was always in touch with the recruiter and knew where I stood. There were multiple hurdles in the process.
    1. Application
    2. Phone Interview
    3. Personality Assessment
    4. Applicant Exercise (Skill Assessment)
    5. On Site 1:1 Interview
    This is where I was let go, but the recruiter told me if I remember correctly there would be two more interviews and then a final decision.

The HR department was very courteous and personable the whole way through. Even though I did not get the role they made the process as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. Also they did a great job promoting Genscape’s benefits and culture. Sounds like a great place would highly recommend for others to apply.

Interview Questions

• Why Genscape?   1 Answer
    • If you could do anything over a weekend with no money or time constraints, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your current role? Previous roles?   1 Answer
    • What are your pet peeves?   1 Answer
    • If your friends were asked about your strengths, what would they say? Weaknesses?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

This interview process was fairly long comparing to other companies. I have done two phone interviews so far, one was with the human resources department, which was more of a screening tool that included typical phone interview questions. The second was about month after the first one, and it was with the hiring manger. the questions of this interview were more related to the job descriptions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      what do you know what Genscape
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at a lot of places this fall, and Genscape was by FAR the most pleasant. The interview consisted of 3 stages: 1) HR phone interview, 2) Phone interview with engineering lead, 3) Onsite interview with Director of Operations, Engineering Team, and HR. The entire process took about 30 days, but note that Thanksgiving fell right in the middle of the process (it didn't feel dragged out whatsoever).

I applied online and heard back shortly after. I had a behavioral phone interview with the Director of Talent Management where I was asked about my experience and expectations, they were very pleasant and friendly. The second interview was an hour long with the lead engineer of the team I was applying for. I was asked about my previous experience and details of previous projects/positions I've had. Questions were about technical topics but there were no whiteboard coding/algorithms/data structures, they really seemed focused on finding someone with good experience and above all else, a passion for software with a good attitude. He then told me about the projects they are working on, culture, etc. It was a really enjoyable conversation. About 1 week later I was invited for an onsite interview at the Boston office where I had some more behavioral interviews and had a video conference with the rest of the engineering team which was great, I was able to learn more about the rest of the team and at the end I was made a verbal offer. For the visit, flight and one night at a hotel was provided (which was very nice!). The following week I received my firm offer, which I gladly accepted.

Overall it was a great interview experience. HR was very responsive and helpful with all the questions I had, as well as determining the appropriate offer in a collaborative way. They didn't play "games" like I had experienced with other companies, which I greatly appreciated. Thanks so much to HR! Excited to begin!

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you don't enjoy about software development?   1 Answer

Data Analyst, Chicago Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genscape (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

1) Phone screen with off-site HR contact; 2) Phone interview with data scientist; 3) Phone interview with office's second-in-command; 4) In-person interview with product lead and first-in-command. Small group in Chicago with startup culture and co-working space. HR was responsive and helpful. Was asked about resume, current experience, and software used. References requested. Minimum of technical questions. Received positive feedback from HR interviewers; no offer ("close call"; "difficult decision") but was urged to apply for other jobs at Genscape.

Interview Questions

• We are a small, fast-growing company with many potential directions in which to take our product. How would you help us determine which option is best?   Answer Question

Power Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very efficient and everyone was easy to talk to. I don't remember everything but they had good questions about the power markets and my personality. There was an initial phone screen with HR, then the different team members interviewed me during an in person interview. They were timely in getting back to me.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genscape (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through the career website and got call after 1 week. I interviewed with the HR. It went good. After two weeks, I sent a mail to HR asking about the status of my application. She replied that they have decided to move forward with a few other candidates. I don't know what went wrong. I was accepting a positive reply.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience related to this position?
      What do you know about this company?
      Do you have experience in Python?
      Tell me about your experience?
      Have you built any application?
      Do you have any questions for me?
      Answer Question

Senior Power Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of three phases

1 - Telephone interview with HR
    2 - Telephone interview with team manager
    3 - On site interview with 5/6 people

Overall experience was very positive, the whole interview process was very quick and was over in about a week. After the face to face interviews I was left in the dark for about two weeks before finding out that I had been unsuccessful. I was quite surprised and disappointed by this as I felt the entire process had been very positive and I was very excited about the opportunity!

The first interview was fairly standard resume walk through with a HR representative. The second interview was a 30 minute phone call with a hiring manager. This interview was more difficult with a significant focus on interest in the energy markets and whether or not I would be comfortable in a client facing position due to my more technical background.

On site interview consisted of 5 or 6 30 minute conversations with various team members. Questions ranged from tell me about your background to what do you know about the energy markets and also some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were forced into a situation that you did not have enough time to prepare for?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Genscape (Boston, MA).

Interview

Contacted via email by HR, phone interview with HR and in-person interview with 2 heads of the marketing department. Got to see the Boston office, which was pretty new and bustling. The two interviewers were difficult to read and mostly just fired off questions, but pleasant enough.

Interview Questions

• What kind of people do you work best with? What management style is most effective for you? Which part of the job description did you find most interesting?   Answer Question