Gensler Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Global Real Estate Strategist/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gensler (Oakland, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Gensler HR Recruiter based in Oakland, CA contacted me on LinkedIn stating she was thoroughly impressed with my resume and wanted to interview me for a role in their Oakland, CA office. She setup a phone interview two days later and I confirmed.

On the day and time of the interview, she never called. I called, emailed and LinkedIn messaged her to ask if we were still having the interview. She never responded. Later that day she said she had an urgent call she had to take and would email me questions and reschedule. Nothing else from her at all. Totally inconsiderate of my time and lacks basic communication skills. I do not recommend Gensler for these types of recruiting practices and wasting potential candidates time.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gensler (Oakland, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was my first interview with Oakland team which was virtual. I had two interviewers. They went though my portfolio/worksamples. Since I was an experienced designer, there were a lot of technical questions; about 35 mins of my professional works and less than 10 minutes of students projects. The best part was that they care about your goal in your career and talk about the right position accordingly.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason to change window details including vendors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied via the website and was offered an interview about a month later since I applied. I interviewed at the San Francisco headquarter office. The recruiters were very helpful. I had an online technical difficulty regarding my application not submitted properly, they promptly emailed me back and guided me through the application process. I was offered an interview a week after.

I had 2 interviewers and it went really well. Both interviewers were mindful to my time, and fair through the entire interview. Other than the typical interview questions, they took the time to describe the company's structure and work culture. The interview was kept casual, yet insightful.

After the interview, the recruiter emailed back and let me know that the interview went well with both interviewers, it's just taking a little more than a week to be processed. I thought this was nice of the recruiter to keep me updated.

Interview Questions

• What's my goal, where do I see myself in 5 years?
      Specific questions regarding my portfolio.   Answer Question

Studio Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied via website. One week later got a call for a prelim screening interview with HR & Studio Coordinator. After that, was called in for an in-person interview with two Studio Coordinators. Overall very friendly and very casual process. If their interview process is in any way reflective of their company culture, I'm sure they're a fabulous company with which to work.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. Asked if I had experience calendaring, my comfort level in working with large personalities. Questions were less pointed and more conversational than in most other interviews. Asked what experience I have in organizing office events, travel, budgets, etc. Fairly standard.   Answer Question

Interior Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had an interview at the Mexico City office, at the beginning the principal seems nice, but then he kept taking all the time, it was a monologue. I am not sure if he ever read my CV or portfolio, he seems overwhelmed by his position, to be honest, pretentious. After 5 days they call me to offer me a ridiculous salary. I would have expected a better prepare staff and management director from Gensler...

Interview Questions

Not only because the bad salary but I couldn't imagine myself working for such a pretentious boss.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview concluded with scheduling an in-person interview. After two in-person interviews with around 3/4 people each, I was presented with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio review and basic questions about career goals, etc   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Long screening, then phone interview, then a few personal interviews. The whole process took a bit long, but interviewers were professional, very nice, friendly, and casual. I could tell from the get go that I was going to like the people there. Sure enough, I have many friends from that job.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and not the many others waiting in line?   1 Answer

Brand Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Just bring a good portfolio and process book. They would ask you your work experience or your process at school. And how you know about Gensler. It quick and so you have to be prepared for your interview. A good read on their website is a must. Be up to date on their Media.

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted on and off for 2-3 months; 4 long interviews, 2 of the interviews was with 2 project managers and 2 more interviews with principles. All the interviews felt more like a conversation than an interview. Really nice people.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Do you know revit?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. They were pleasant, but didn't seem to actually have an opening. I could not figure out why they kept calling me back if there was no open position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I had handled difficult clients in the past.   Answer Question