Gensler Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Gensler Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Junior Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick reply on application, it has been a slow process since the interview and I have not heard anything back as of yet. The interviewers were young and it seemed like their first time conducting an interview. It felt disorganized and I had to switch into presentation mode rather than a question/answer type interview. Overall the questions were extremely vague like "What's your favorite aspect of design"

Interview Questions

Gensler Response

Mar 25, 2015 – ta manager

Thank you for your feedback. We were happy to hear that you received a quick reply to your initial application! We apologize that the actual interview process took longer than expected. One of our ... More

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two interviews; each a couple of hours long and very intense. After each I was promised an offer would be forthcoming, however afterwards there was radio silence for weeks. Finally I received a form email stating that they had chosen a better candidate (not true, as the job is still up on the online boards). I spent many hours and some money preparing for, traveling to, and partaking in these interviews—the very least I expected is a personal email from one of my interviewers letting me know the decision. Very shabby, impersonal treatment.

The office is beautiful, but the vast army of worker bees all have their heads-down, typing away stressfully. They don't look particularly happy. It also seems like there is a strongly drawn line one has to toe—a very consultant way of dressing, speaking, and carrying oneself.

Interviewers were very nice and seemed relaxed. They weren't fear-based interrogators (I've experienced these at several other companies). I had a good feeling about the company based on my interactions with them. There were a few questions that were tricky (see below), and one couldn't help but devise a BS answer to them. I wish they had only asked me to speak about my work, not about my personality or how clean my desk is.

I get the idea that the base pay is very low. However, overtime is paid (and apparently there is a lot of overtime) and there are two bonuses. But I don't think the total package amounts to what I'd expect from a good firm with lots of work right in the middle of the city. How is someone supposed to pay rent out of the low base pay? Perhaps my stated expectations were out of line with what they were offering, hence the radio silence and form email.

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say was your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gensler (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter in about 5 days. I flew in for an interview and was handed an offer letter during the in-person interview. When I came to the in-person interview the whole team was brought in to also ask me questions, including one person on a video conference.

Was Not Informed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gensler (Washington, DC).

Interview

Typically a four stage interview before you are made an offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Things are mostly pushed at you