Gentex (Michigan) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.5

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Very amazing and everyone was very supportive on what to expect in the rest of the process and what they were looking for. Had a definitive answer on what was expected and what the job would entail.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very slow and drawn out. Applied in December had a phone screening a month later. Then a month after that had a in person interview. 2 -3 weeks later was invited back for another interview after scheduling that was a month after the 1st. Then nothing until 5 weeks later with a rejection.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan).

Interview

I only had a brief phone interview with their HR department. Like other users have remarked, I was asked personal background questions that seemed unusual, unimportant, or overly personal. This included questions about my parents' careers and my experience in high school. I'm not sure what they were looking to find in this information.

In addition to the background questions, they explained that they have an atypical pay structure

Interview Questions

• Q: Where did you go to high school? What was your High School GPA? What did you score on your ACT? Were you in any clubs or sports?   Answer Question
    • Q: What do your parents do for a living, or what did they do if they are now retired?   Answer Question

Production Team Interview

Interview

It was an easy interview. It was a walk in style interview. It only took a few minutes. It you meet certain qualifications, they will offer you a direct hire position, otherwise they may still hire you but it would be through a temp agency.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

consisted of 4 interviews, talked to HR and was told i will no doubt be making 60k on a low end. Great package came with the job. other interviews were with engineering technicians and they explained the day to day process. I was told to count on working Saturdays, 50 to 65 hour week, great overtime bonus. must be hands on and have electrical background. If not, take a few classes in electrical and move right into the position. At the time only 2nd shift was available, though the company is expanding, a 1st shift position might open up. Also they pay for 100% of future education. must have 3.0 or higher gpa, its odd but very fair.

Interview Questions

• high school gpa, college gpa, where I see myself in 10 years, how hands on are you? Are you afraid to get your hands dirty?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Mount Pleasant, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called and scheduled an interview. It was a general interview about my background and work experience. Everything was good and she asked to wait for next round which will be a technical interview. But didn't had any response for two weeks after that got a mail saying rejection without mentioning any reason.

Interview Questions

• What are your Strength and Weakness?
       Tell about your Professional Experience?
      what problems have you faced while working in the team and how have you overcome
      Why masters and why this college   Answer Question

Computer Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI).

Interview

The process was not difficult, just very negative. Going into a six hour interview, with no breaks for use of facilities or to have a snack just to keep a hunger noises down during the process, appears inconsiderate on their part. Additionally, having interviewers swear and/or ask illegal questions during the interview is highly unprofessional - which happened. It was quite possibly the worst interview experience I've had in my 25 years of working, and quite disappointing.
    I was asked four times for my pay requirements - which is excessive since it was provided three times prior to this long day -- that's seven times. I was told by each interviewer throughout the process that they do not pay the industry standards, and each used the sales pitch of the quarterly bonuses that make up for the lack of pay. By the way, their pay range changed for the role from initial discussions- decreasing significantly (by $20k) from my requirements that were stated quite clearly before scheduling an all day, in person interview. On a side note, I was requiring the midrange of industry standards for the area, so not extensive.
    There were not many interview questions in the six hours, it felt more like a sales pitch from beginning to end with a few illegal and non-job related questions sprinkled in. Overall, it was a disappointing experience and not a journey I'm interested in going through again.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter first and then was asked to come onsite for an interview. At Gentex I had four different interviews in a row. One with the recruiter, one with each person who would be my boss and one with the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about you as a person, how would your friend describe you, etc.   Answer Question

Production Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI).

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview. Then I was called in for an in person interview. Very easy questions, mostly about you as a person. They want to make sure that you will enjoy working at Gentex and in the Holland, MI area.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very brief. They send most people to a temp agency first - myself included. They don't care if you have school etc or not. Everyone who doesn't come through a college they were probably approached at - goes to an entry level spot in some type of assembly, making wires or circuit boards or coating glass etc.