Gentex (Michigan) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gentex (Michigan) Interview Questions

Interviews at Gentex (Michigan)

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Two interviews, initially very informal with potential manager, supervisor and manager in IT department, second more formal, answering questions provided by CEO.

The first was held in the cafeteria area, (disconcertingly) behind doors telling guests to go to a different door. Free coffee and soda and snack vending machines were available. All three were surprised that I hadn't already met with HR.

References and employability were determined between interviews.

The second interview was in an office, and was almost entirely read off a printout of (I'm guessing) an email. I was then given a short tour of the part of the facility under the potential manager's control.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was better than I was expecting, despite being told Gentex has lower than average salaries, so didn't try to negotiate.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan).

Interview

Submitted my resume through a college career fair. Was contacted my an HR recruiter requesting a phone interview to discuss potential employment options at the company. This led to a phone interview with the software test manager. Later I was asked to come in for about 5 one-hour long interviews. A few weeks later I was called back for a second on-site interview that was a bit shorter. The entire process took almost 2 months.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews with HR and also the CFO and Controller. It was nice getting to meet the entire department. The CFO made me take a personality test to make sure that I fit in which was kind of werid

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I received a call scheduling an early morning interview. At the interview I was asked about my skills, my job history, and how I felt about overtime. At the end of the interview I was asked to go take a drug test and sign up with the temp agency you have to go through first. I went to the temp agency and was required to take a short IQ test. I then had to take a packet of papers to the drug testing facility and take the test. I then waited about a week before they called me and told me I had passed. I was told to attend an assessment and had to come in for a week from 8am-3pm. The assessment test was a series of motor-skills test and specific job techniques. you have to handle glass and cases for mirrors. The first half of the week you just have to perform the tests, but in the 2nd half you must time your self and gain a consistency. A person then tests you and times you, recording all of your results. At the end of the week they told us that they will go over our results and we should expect a call within a couple of days. The next day I got the call saying I was hied as a temp and I started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• How do you Feel about overtime? Some of our workers work 70 hours a week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate anything. Even for salary jobs you are given no alternative options. you accept what they offer or you decline the job. My advice would be that you are confident in working 60 hours a week (minimum) and do not mind that you will have MAYBE two days off a month. The overtime pay is great, so if you're more of a money thinker, then you would appreciate this offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2018.

Interview

The interviewer texted me for a time to meet on the same day of the career fair. The interviewer was very nice and asked standard interviewer questions, and encouraged to ask me questions. This position was for a manufacturing internship at Gentex in Michigan.

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

Talked to the company at my school's career fair. Got invited for an interview the next day. During interview, they asked about engineering interests, extra curriculars, leadership experience, as well as just going over your resume. 2 weeks later I go invited to an on-site interview in Zeeland.

There, I had a tour of all 3 facilities as well as 2 1:1 interviews (1 in each building). More behavioral type questions, career path interests, industry interest etc.

A couple weeks later I got a call with an offer!

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of mechanical things that you made or fixed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter first and then was asked to come onsite for an interview. At Gentex I had four different interviews in a row. One with the recruiter, one with each person who would be my boss and one with the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about you as a person, how would your friend describe you, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people - 1 HR person for about 15 minutes, and 2 engineers for an hour each. Interviews with engineers were fairly informal; we talked as we toured their facility. The second interviewer didn't seem to like me, as he was sure I would leave Gentex after my internship to work in Detroit for one of the Big 3 even though that was not the case. They want their interns to become full-time employees there after graduating.

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very slow and drawn out. Applied in December had a phone screening a month later. Then a month after that had a in person interview. 2 -3 weeks later was invited back for another interview after scheduling that was a month after the 1st. Then nothing until 5 weeks later with a rejection.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very brief. They send most people to a temp agency first - myself included. They don't care if you have school etc or not. Everyone who doesn't come through a college they were probably approached at - goes to an entry level spot in some type of assembly, making wires or circuit boards or coating glass etc.