Gentex (Michigan) Production Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gentex (Michigan) Production Engineer Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI).

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview. Then I was called in for an in person interview. Very easy questions, mostly about you as a person. They want to make sure that you will enjoy working at Gentex and in the Holland, MI area.

Production Support Engineer (PSE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with the company the day before career fair and I had never heard of or knew anything about them. I applied online then spoke with them at career fair and they emailed me a few days later to schedule an interview. They flew me down to their headquarters in Zeeland where I had three interviews in a day.
    The first was 15 minutes the HR manager, just general questions to get to know my background and family info.
    2nd was an hour long with a production manager, more in depth questions mainly getting to know me personally and how I got to where I am, my work history etc. He also gave me a quick tour of the plant and ran through what I'd be responsible for on a day to day basis.
    Final interview was an hour with another manager who asked tougher questions, however he was more-so judging how I responded to the questions than my responses themselves because he seldom took notes.

There were no behavioral type or STAR questions making this an easy and comfortable interview process.

They're the first company that wanted to know my high school GPA and ACT score which I thought was a little strange.

They ask quite a few questions about your family, who they are and what they do and your relationship with them. Which gives off the impression that they're a family oriented company and are sensitive to your personal needs which is a good thing.

It took about 1 month before they gave me a verbal offer, which I had 2 weeks to make a decision. After I accepted it took another month for it to be finalized.

Production Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) in February 2015.

Interview

When I was on site, I was first interviewed briefly by the HR department, then interviewed by two different engineers. The people in HR told me that the number to keep in mind is 60K for a new hire, but the only way you get there is to pick up an off shift and then rely on profit sharing. Each interview had their own questions along with the standard company questions. After each interview with the engineers, they took me on a tour of a few of the plant floors and they showed off some of the technology they make.

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Holland, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was very casual and easy. It didn't really feel like an interview, more like a conversation to get to know me. It very carefree and enjoyable. Haven't had an easier interview!

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI).

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a career and was asked to visit the plant for an interview. They paid for my trip to get there as well as lunch and lodging. I met with an HR specialist and 2 department managers during my time. The questions were more about my thinking process, hobbies, and leadership abilities.

Interview Questions

• What type of company would I start if I was given the applicable necessities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

I was invited to interview after a brief conversation with a recruiter at my college. I was given a tour and asked to explain some of my previous work and project experiences. I also met with the optical design team, because my background is in optical engineering, and that is where my interest lies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

After meeting with one of the recruiter at the job fair, I was invited for on site interview. I was interviewed by two separate engineers at two different building. They each walked me around their facility and production line then interviewed me at a random corner of the building, like a cafeteria or lounge.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just personality questions, nothing technical. They check if you did your homework regarding their company and that's about it.   Answer Question

Starting salary was a bit low to be considered for relocation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

I interviewed in three buildings at the Gentex complex and moved from group to group, sometimes interviewing with one person sometimes two and I was taken out to lunch. I was asked typical questions that were behavioral and technical. Gentex also likes to ask some personal questions to gauge whether you are a good fit for the area around Gentex, like hobbies. They will interview a group of candidates then hold a meeting to decide if anyone that you interviewed with wants to recruit you. Overall it was a very good experience, nice people with great attitudes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked by almost all interviewers, "What kind of hobbies or activities do you like to do?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gentex (Michigan) (Zeeland, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

I initially met the recruiter at a job fair. They set up an interview with me by email in the following weeks. Overall the interviews went well. Not many hard questions. It consisted of 3 separate hour long interviews each in a different building. Gentex seems to be a pretty impressive company and seem to value their employ's a lot. It's been a week and a half and i have not heard back from them.