Gentiva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.5

Medical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gentiva (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter whom I had spoken to about another position about a month prior called me about this position. I interviewed and was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on/experiences with death and dying?   1 Answer

Home Health Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gentiva (Beckley, WV) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked basic interview questions.. Allowed me to ask questions about their company.. Explained basically how their company is run. Explained how you are paid mileage and explained the region they work in..

Interview Questions

• What did I think is my strongest asset.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gentiva (Charleston, WV) in December 2016.

Interview

Reviewed resume and discussed experience in general with recruiter, hiring manager and senior level manager in addition to completing a brief ride along with a local representative. I had to complete some mundane paperwork, submit a drug test, references which they called for recommendations. It was a walk in the park compared to the pharmaceutical industry but there were just as many candidates applying for this specific position.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work home health   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gentiva (New York, NY).

Interview

Such a long process with terrible communication. I accepted the position and 2wks later still waiting on offer letter. Start date got push back 3 times waiting on this offer letter. Stated they are waiting on corporate to give some approval.. They should have got that before they offered job then. Seems a little unorganized already.

Negotiation

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eupora, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gentiva (Eupora, MS).

Interview

Long process ... Still waiting to hear back after 3 weeks ! Looking forward to hearing from the company because I would really like to work for them ! The interview went very well much better than expected ! The nurse that interviewed me was extremely nice and seemed interested in having me join the Gentiva family ! Great interview overall !

RN On Call Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gentiva (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I first had a telephone interview with human resources, where she asked multiple questions about my previous work experience. She then scheduled an on site office interview with 3 managers

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gentiva.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Was contacted by their recruiter who took a phone interview. Then had an in person interview at office with clinical managers. Met with other staff member for a casual interview after a few days.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your patients were refusing to work with you?   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gentiva (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a hiring manager first for a phone interview. Interview was short and sweet. She was a half hour late calling me. Second interview was in person. The lady who was supposed to interview me didnt show up. I interviewed with two other people instead. The woman who interviewed me was extremely nice, but was not able to answer a lot of my questions, although she said she would get back to me by phone. After second interview Im still not sure of hours or salary...

Interview Questions

• Name three qualities past supervisors would describe you as. Why home health? (Was asked these questions in both interviews) Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gentiva (Birmingham, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with Sales Manager and Executive Director, good questions and answers for a professional interview. It lasted 1 hour and I got good feed back and was able the ask questions about the job requirements

Account Executive/Sales Representative Home Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gentiva (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. Nice guy, typical sales interview questions. Asked about what I've done in the past, what I do now, my numbers, etc. Contacted me following the interview to schedule an interview with the local Sales director for the next day.

She was terrible! She sounded like she would have rather have been doing just about anything else. In fact it sounded like she was doing other stuff while we were talking. She gave one or two word answers to my questions and couldn't get off the phone fast enough.

Even if they had offered me a job I wouldn't have accepted because of this lady. Some companies forget the job seeker is also interviewing them. This lady obviously forgot.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you can't get past the gatekeeper?   1 Answer