Genuine Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Only a phone interview, no in-person interview which I though was strange. Typical questions, had about 3-4 people listening in on the call. Overall, it wasn't to bad, but I thought they asked an abnormal amount of personality/decision-making questions, instead of my experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a plane for 12 hours, what two people throughout time would you sit next to?   Answer Question

Integrated Business Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genuine Parts (Norcross, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with the Regional VP of operations, in addition to two assistants responsible for operations within the organizations. they reviewed my resume, asked questions about previous experience and asked me to explain in some detail the types of tasks I performed in my previous position. They also asked me what type of position I would find interesting working for them, which was different since I thought they were interviewing me for only one type of position. Apparently they were looking at several other opportunities within the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • I asked them what sort of employee they were looking for, and did I meet those objectives?   Answer Question

Stockroom Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genuine Parts.

Interview

Easy. Job requires no skill so the interviewer just wants to make sure you'll come to work everyday and get along with others. If you can breathe and have a heartbeat I could not see why one would not get a job.

Interview Questions

• If I had previous experience with an rf scanner   1 Answer

IT Security Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Genuine Parts.

Interview

Manager and supervisor on different sheet during interview. Another supervisor playing games on his phone during interview. Manager doesn't care for anyone in the military, think they are not smart, lazy an can't think outside the box. He made a comment stating folks in the military has to wait to be told to do things. It seems to me this place is not military friendly at all.

Interview Questions

• what type of security control to use when securing a system   Answer Question

COUNTER SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Genuine Parts (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called 6 hours later to interview the next day. Went in, met manager, discussed previous experience, and what skills came out of them. Asked me to sum up what was the key benefit in their hiring of me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about napa that you believe sents them apart from other automotive parts companies?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genuine Parts (Duluth, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Played phone tag with HR for a few days - She set up a time to call and then didn't call. She set up a time for an 'interview' which was with some analysts - although they never told me their position. Then I was asked for an interview with Manager and Director, lastly was asked to test and meet with a career counselor

Interview Questions

• How do I know you won't go back to your previous profession?   Answer Question

Cash Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genuine Parts (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with 4 managers back to back in one day. Average questions. Everyone was very friendly so office culture was good but didn't really describe job in detail so difficult to tell if job was the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Average questions, nothing too specific or difficult. Did not describe job applying for very specifically but rather broad spectrum. I felt like they should have gone into more detail regarding the job duties and requirements. Based on their interview process both parties could be very disappointed with the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They contacted the recruiter and made an offer but there was no negotiating of salary or benefits available. Basically, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Accounts Payable Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genuine Parts in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for position and received an e-mail to contact HR dept. Set up interview for initial meeting two days advance notice. Met with 2 members of team and was given job duties job issues and management requirements.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a conflict with an employee that works for me/ What was outcome of the situation.   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genuine Parts.

Interview

I applied on-line. Was emailed for an interview within a couple of weeks. Meet with three different people and was ask about my job experience and was told more about the position. It was not a hard interview and most of the interviewers were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• One guy did ask me what kind of car I drove. I thought that was odd.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genuine Parts (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Dry and unexciting. On three separate days I met with a Human Resources Vice President to take TalentQuest testing and on another day I met with a Human Resources Director to discuss the position, then on the third day I met with the two executives I would be supporting. Arrogant and condescending are the only two words I can come up with to describe them.

Interview Questions

• We work weekends, including Sundays and late evenings sometimes - are you okay with that?   1 Answer