Genworth IT Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied at a job fair at my school and got a call from them a few weeks afterward asking if I'd like to do a quick phone interview. I agreed and set it up. I'm a sophomore, for an idea of where I'm at.

The first phone interview was very easy. They were all behavioral questions with one very general technical one, likely just to do some basic screening.

After that, they called me telling me they'd like for me to come down to Richmond and do an on-site interview. The put me up in a pretty nice hotel right near their headquarters. The on-site interview was a series of three 1:1 interviews. They asked quite a few behavioral questions with a few somewhat general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you took a risk to implement something you believed in.   1 Answer
  • What's so great about Object Oriented Design?   Answer Question
  • Describe the difference between the compilation process of a C++ program, and that of a Java program.   Answer Question

Location wasn't what I wanted - I wanted to travel a little further away. I also felt I could do a little better with the salary.