Genworth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

National Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Acworth, GA).

Interview

Multi level phone interview with the recruiter and the Chief Appraiser. Asked appraisal questions, i.e. USPAP, Appraisal Process, review process, etc...The last interview was with both persons on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How does USPAP dictate measuring a house?   1 Answer

Enterprise Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Through telephone with a HR member. Just walking through your resume and sharing about your background. Really friendly interview experience with HR. Do not be afraid of talking more about yourself during the interview.

IT Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genworth in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in December and they contacted in March for an interview. It was my very first interview so I was scared a bit. The first interview was 30 min with 15 min HR interview and 15 min Tech interview.

Interview Questions

• what is difference between switch and router?   Answer Question
    • which softwares are more secure?(open source or blah blah)   Answer Question
    • what is object oriented language means?   Answer Question
    • what is the difference between C++ and JAVA?   Answer Question
    • what are the OSI layers?   Answer Question
    • how did you sale your idea to your team?   Answer Question
    • tell me little but about yourself.   Answer Question
    • what is your concentration of your study and would be working in company for?(have gen knowledge about it) I choose networking and the questions above were asked)   Answer Question

IT Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was the phone interview process where the recruiter asked multiple technical questions. Be prepared for technical interview for the first phone screen interview. This was just phone interview with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? What is difference between router and switches?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after visiting the Genworth booth at my college's career fair. Got a call a few days later to set up an initial phone screening. At the end of the phone screening I was invited to come to the Richmond office for an in person interview. They set me up in a hotel right across the street from the office. The interview was comprised of two 30 minute interviews which consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. Got an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I knew about the company and their recent business dealings.   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview process was simple spoke with Manager who I would report to. I applied for the position with the Workday application which the company uses which was very simple and did not ask a bunch of questions. This was a promotion opportunity. Heads up if applying in-house then no matter how many people interview you, its comes down the the hiring managers decision only.

Underwriting Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

5 Interviewees, had pre-planned questions that each of the Interviews went around the room asking questions. I was actually cut off when it appeared that the interview was running over showing a sincere lack of interest in what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• How do YOU manage work/life balance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Basically I was offered the positioned under conditions that have since not been met on their behalf.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genworth (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

They asked me about my background and resume with no technical questions. They asked me about my experience in SAS and programming. They asked me if I know about mortgage insurance or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an occasion in which you encountered a problem with a colleague and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. Recruiter rushed the interview. Only lasted about 20 minutes. No complicated questions asked, just the basics. Most dynamic question asked was "tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co worker" and "tell me about a time where you had to give presentation in class or at your job"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give a presentation to a class or at your job   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genworth.

Interview

Panel interview with potential manager, team members on the floor and the hiring manager. I was asked job specific questions and problem solving questions. I was also asked to describe situations in which I handled a conflict and how it was resolved.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that required you to solve a problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question