Genworth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

National Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Acworth, GA).

Interview

Multi level phone interview with the recruiter and the Chief Appraiser. Asked appraisal questions, i.e. USPAP, Appraisal Process, review process, etc...The last interview was with both persons on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How does USPAP dictate measuring a house?   1 Answer

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Was invited to come in for a live face to face interview. The interview was my potential boss. It went very well, pretty easy interview.

Business Strategy Team Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Three Interviews- Two phone interviews and one on campus. The entire process took only three weeks. First interview was with a recruiter and the second with manager. The final interview was with the same manager and his boss (I believe). They are very detailed about what needs to be done for each interview. Overall pleasurable experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions found online. Mostly wanted to make sure my recent experiences qualified me for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation took place, but I was more than happy with the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genworth.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty good. Started with a phone screen, then had a first round interview with the hiring managers, 2 additional managers, and the hiring managers manager. The second round interview consisted of a short interview with the hiring manager then an offer was made a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were basic interview questions you would find online. One question that stood out was for me to explain a technical accounting term in lei mans language which would display how you could explain accounting concepts to a non-accounting person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They used the potential for a bonus to get you to the amount you asked for. Which is okay, you may or may not get the full amount of the bonus every year, just depends on the overall company performance.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Inside recruiter who was diligent and very organized, he facilitated the whole process.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, that had to do with the hiring manager. He would not let me start a month later so I lost out on a bonus.

Intern Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview after application online

Interview Questions

• Most behavior questions, e.g why Genworth? What's your favorite class? Describe your programming skills(have you used marco in SAS).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth.

Interview

It was a phone interview where we went over my resume and my interests. The phone call lasted about 30 minutes, I was asked what I knew about the company and ended with any questions I had.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Basic overview of what the job function would consist of, what the benefits were and behavior-type questions regarding "Name a time when.. you experienced a difficult customer? ..when you had to go above and beyond to help someone? ..when you had to go outside of normal procedures?

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to help a customer with a request.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to diffuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate for higher pay (based on skill and experience) or a relocation bonus, since I had to move. The process involved sending emailed requests to the hiring manager. Turn-around time for responses was within the same day. Very efficient process.. probably because they needed to get people in the door in a short amount of time.

Interview

First call with recruiter; second call sales manager over the telephone. No difficult questions; very down to earth. Job offered over the phone. Process took only 2 weeks. From this point on HR took over and were very easy to deal with. A very good company; currently doing business as Liberty Home Equity Solutions.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very simple. just a normal bridge call with panel of four. Nothing was clear. I felt they did not have an intention to interview in first place. Neither they were asking anything nor taking the conversation to further. for few minutes, panel members were talking to themselves as well, having isolated me. There was no proper clarity about anything

Interview Questions

• Very surprising to say but professionals did not ask anything, instead directly they started with do I have questions for them. I did had bunch of them, they interacted and thats it, never turned back   1 Answer

Operations Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with the manager at a pre-arranged time. The HR person was the one coordinating setting everything up. The whole process of initial contact to actually meeting was two weeks. The HR person was not terribly professional, but I just thought it must just be this one person - I was mistaken.

Interview Questions

• How long did you work at your previous employer?
      What was your role there?
      What did you like or dislike about your role there?   Answer Question