Genworth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.9

IT Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was the phone interview process where the recruiter asked multiple technical questions. Be prepared for technical interview for the first phone screen interview. This was just phone interview with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? What is difference between router and switches?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after visiting the Genworth booth at my college's career fair. Got a call a few days later to set up an initial phone screening. At the end of the phone screening I was invited to come to the Richmond office for an in person interview. They set me up in a hotel right across the street from the office. The interview was comprised of two 30 minute interviews which consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. Got an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I knew about the company and their recent business dealings.   1 Answer

Oct 2, 2017 – Brand Marketing Specialist

We are happy to hear you accepted an offer with our company and are glad to have you as part of the Genworth family. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on the interview process.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview first with an HR rep and then it was the face to face interview. It was with two people. They asked a series of behavioral questions and about my work history.

Interview Questions

Genworth Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Brand Marketing Specialist

We are happy to hear you have accepted an offer with our company and would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Genworth family. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on... More

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview process was simple spoke with Manager who I would report to. I applied for the position with the Workday application which the company uses which was very simple and did not ask a bunch of questions. This was a promotion opportunity. Heads up if applying in-house then no matter how many people interview you, its comes down the the hiring managers decision only.

Interview Questions

Genworth Response

National Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Acworth, GA).

Interview

Multi level phone interview with the recruiter and the Chief Appraiser. Asked appraisal questions, i.e. USPAP, Appraisal Process, review process, etc...The last interview was with both persons on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How does USPAP dictate measuring a house?   1 Answer

Actuarial Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

While I did not get an offer for what I am sure are valid and legitimate reasons, I still felt that aspects of this interview process were not professional. There were 3 separate interviews that consisted of pairs of interviewers.
    -One interviewer of the 6 was not present
    -One interviewer talked poorly of the actuarial profession and his experience, which was something that I as an actuarial student needed to hear, but probably not during an interview
    -Another interviewer was on their phone for a good chunk of time,
     -Another interviewer had to conduct the beginning of the interview on their own while
    waiting for the second interviewer to arrive and was clearly uncomfortable conducting it on his own, as he did not ask good questions nor really listen to my answers
    Overall, the interview process as a whole left me seeing Genworth Financial in a negative light. They said they would get back to me in a single week, but they did not and at 2 weeks
    I had to call to find out their decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a difficult concept to a non-specialist?   Answer Question

Underwriting Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

5 Interviewees, had pre-planned questions that each of the Interviews went around the room asking questions. I was actually cut off when it appeared that the interview was running over showing a sincere lack of interest in what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• How do YOU manage work/life balance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Basically I was offered the positioned under conditions that have since not been met on their behalf.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genworth (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

They asked me about my background and resume with no technical questions. They asked me about my experience in SAS and programming. They asked me if I know about mortgage insurance or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an occasion in which you encountered a problem with a colleague and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Oct 2, 2017 – Brand Marketing Specialist

Welcome! We are very happy to have you as part of the Genworth family. Thank you for sharing your interview experience with others.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. Recruiter rushed the interview. Only lasted about 20 minutes. No complicated questions asked, just the basics. Most dynamic question asked was "tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co worker" and "tell me about a time where you had to give presentation in class or at your job"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give a presentation to a class or at your job   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genworth.

Interview

Panel interview with potential manager, team members on the floor and the hiring manager. I was asked job specific questions and problem solving questions. I was also asked to describe situations in which I handled a conflict and how it was resolved.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that required you to solve a problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question