Genworth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.9

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

A round of phone interviews and then they brought you in for a round of interviews with managers that you will be working very closely with as well as the team members. The on site interview took about half a day with each time slot at about 30 minutes and different people interviewed you. It was nice that they provided lunch.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "tell me about a time" kind of questions. So have plenty of examples ready.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for the opportunity. The interview process includes a phone screen, a phone interview and an on-site. During the on-site interview I talked with 4 actuaries and all of them are professional and nice.

Strategy Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager followed by in person interview. It was pretty superficial and I don't think they were serious about my candidacy. I think they had their internal candidate and were making HR happy by interviewing others for the role. This is common at Genworth. When I met in person with the hiring manager, he had no questions for me. I liked meeting 1-on-1 with the people I would be working with in the role, had some great discussions.

Interview Questions

• Do you want this job or not?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when...had a 2 person panel interview that was behavioral. The others were not.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and didn't hear back for a month. I received an email asking me to answer some questions. A couple of days later, I received a phone call requesting that come in for an interview. The interview went great and a week later, I got offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your greatest strength/weakness? Tell me a time when you made a mistake and how did you fix it. Tell me a time when you disagreed with your supervisor. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why do you want to work here? How do you deal with stress? Good luck! Everyone I interacted with were very professional, personable, and nice.   Answer Question

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I worked there as an intern and interviewed for the position at the end of my internship. I had two interviews with two people in each of them, similar to the internship interviews. They were both thirty minutes long and the questions were behavioral and technical. They mainly focused on my role in the company during my internship.

Interview Questions

• If a bear and a tiger were in a fight, who would win and why?   1 Answer
    • Why do you like the company?   Answer Question

Risk Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Several rounds talking to different forks in the department, human resources and management.
    Each one had different set of questions to ask.
    It took several hours and each one of them focused on their departmental needs. The Hiring Team Had Clarity on the True Needs for the Role

Interview Questions

• Mortgage business understanding
       Why are you interested in working for GNW?

Where do you see yourself in five to 10 years' time?
      Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Internal job interview moving from one group to another. There was a pre-interview set of skills open ended questions I had to complete through the recruiter. I met with the members of the team and the manager. Some sections of the interview were easier than others. It took quite a while to schedule, then get an offer.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

About a week after submitting my application online I was contacted in order to set up a time for a phone screen interview, which lasted about thirty minutes and involved being asked several behavioral questions. After the phone screening I was scheduled for an in-person interview for the next week in which I met with my manager and the director of the department I would be interning in. This step of the process only involved them asking me a few very simple questions and was more of me receiving information about what I would be doing after the internship. After this interview a background check and drug test were conducted before an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you were faced with solving a conflict in a different way than you typically do   Answer Question

Senior Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

telephone interview, underwriter on line test that is timed and has 32 questions. The test was somewhat difficult. The questions are put in a confusing way but not too hard. You need to know your guidelines and you will know the right multiple choice answer to pick.

Interview Questions

• they went over your resume and asked what was a typical day of underwriting loans.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was fair and straight forward for an MI underwriter.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple resume drop on campus careers portal, along with an accompanying submission to Genworth's careers website. Received a phone call the next day to arrange a first interview (also via phone). Two days later, got the go-ahead for an on-site interview in Richmond, VA. Received offer another two days after that. Process did not even take two weeks.